𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟵 // 🖤🥀

I planned to start communication with dad the same way, but this time, y/n was on my side. We tried to observe dad's daily routine at our place. Every morning, he went to the central park for a walk, followed by exercise with mom, sitting on the same bench every day. I monitored him for the next few days from a distance.

y/n suggested I make a card myself as it would connect to him better than a bought one. That night, I made a beautiful card with smileys inside a palm and wrote these lines : "Walked holding your hand, and you were the reason for the smile on my face."

y/n suggested I place that card on the same bench in the park where he did his exercise. Everything went according to plan. I went to the central park just before dad was about to leave, early in the morning. I tied that card to the seat. I walked behind the small ice cream shop to keep an eye on him. I saw him completing his walk, so I dialed y/n's number, "Princess, dad is on his way to the bench where I've tied the card."

"Great! keep me updated. Did he find the card?" she questioned. "Reply. Did he check?"

"Wait, princess, he has not noticed it yet," I replied.

"Dad has sat down and has closed his eyes," I informed y/n.

"What? Is he sleeping in the park?"

"No, foolish girl. He's doing some yoga," I replied.

"You called me foolish? You are foolish. I'm putting the phone back. Do it yourself." y/n replied in anger.

"Hey princess. Sorry baby, how can you be foolish?"

"First give me a kiss, then only I will talk to you," she replied naughtily.

"What? I'm too tense right now, and you want a kiss?"

"Yes, kiss me now," she insisted. Hearing her, I kissed my phone.

"Now it's better. And please relax." She replied with a laugh.

"Ava, he just picked up the card. Dad is reading it," I replied excitedly.

"Now what? Tell me his reaction." y/n questioned. "Tell me, now?"

"I don't know. He read it and threw it away," I replied, disappointed.

"Hey, cheer up! You are not going to succeed in the first attempt. You need to keep trying."

I thought for a while. "I think you are correct, but it will be more awkward for me to face him now."

"Hey! Come on. He is your father. Just a little angry and nothing else. By the way, you have not mentioned your name on that card." y/n tried to calm me.

"Yeah! That's true. I think he might finally realize it's me when he receives one every day." I replied.

"Yes. And when he realizes how much you love him, he will hug you, baby." y/n boosted my confidence.

Convincing dad was not an easy task. He was not only angry because I took arts, but somehow I felt that y/n had taken me away from him. I was everything for him, and he had devoted his entire life for me. And when I chased y/n, he thought I was forgetting my career. He could never differentiate my relationship with y/n and himself. That was the reason he hated her as well. For him, y/n took me away from him and my career. Although I was working in the global marketing company and earning well, he always felt, I would have done better being an engineer. Some relationships must be left in termoil, as unwrapping them brings more confusion.

But y/n had decided that she would make our family complete by bringing a smile to the faces of my dad and me, together. That night she helped me make another greeting card with the message, 'For me, the name of the father was another name of love.'