Chapter 9 Brotherhood of beasts part 2

When Rex gets closer to the street the gang turns off, he sees that one of them is missing, and the rest complain loudly.

"Hjalle is such a whore!" One of them exclaims, after which the rest laugh, "First best guy who wants to suck his cock and he's gone!"

Rex giggles to himself as he calmly walks forward.

He studies the rest of the gang while he fishes out a small jar from his pocket and puts a colored lens in his eye and pulls up a pack of cigarettes and tails confidently over to the group to try to get one of the individuals to come with him.

"Hey man, you got any light? Mines fucked" Rex says, walking up to the one who smokes.

"Yeah, sure" he says, tossing Rex a light with a writing on it, earning a small snicker to escape him. Seems we're lucky tonight, he smirks at the guy and winks, handing over the lighter with the pickup line scribbled on it.

The guy's eyes widens before he puffs out his chest a bit proudly and starts to chatt each other up. The rest of the gang groans, says something about him not being better than Hjalle before heading of.

Rex smirks, plays along as they hurries down the street to one of the open pubs and to one of the bathrooms.

~~~

When he has had his fun, he heads off to meet up with Helena in the park between the church and the old library. He sees Helena sitting on a bench with headphones on and talking to someone, calm and somewhat amused.

Rex strolls calmly forward, looks quite happy and somewhat intoxicated where he goes, almost walking straight. He himself is talking to Felix on the phone about who he is with so they don't need to worry why he'll be late home.

Helena can see that he has two blue eyes now and his hair is dischelwed and stands a little in all directions,his mohawk looks like someone has pulled it in all possible directions.

He breathes naturally and the cold night air forms small with puffs and his heart rate is slightly high.

Rex waves happily when he sees Helena.

She laughs a little at his appearance and says goodbye to the person she is talking to, puts the phone in her purse.

"Had fun?"

Rex only smirks widely but nods.

Shortly after Rex, Mysha also stumbles into the park. He looks as if someone has half killed him, and the blood that has half solidified over his mouth and nose is difficult to see if it is his or someone else's.

Despite his black eye, and lame progress, he has a wide grin on his lips. The eyes are awake in a way they were not before.

When he sees Rex and Helena, the grin widens further, and he waves a half-hearted salute at them both.

Helena's calm happy expression quickly shifts to an examining and very serious face when she sees Mysha. She gets up from the bench and walks up to him "What happened." she sounds almost like a parent, berating their child.

Rex ends his conversation with Felix by promising not to be away for too long, putting his phone in his pocket again while studying mysha with a smirk.

"He wasn't interested?" He asks amused, not at all as worried as Helena and stands there quite relaxed with a grin.

Mysha stretches, boasting a little to Helena's tone. The grin is still glued to his lips.

"Sometimes things don't go as planned." He replies defiantly, dismissively, "And then you get beaten up for having sucked someone's ghoul. Quite simply."