This Irony Would Make Oediupus Wince

Looking back now, I should have wished for Sunday to be longer. In fact, staying in Sunday forever didn't sound like a bad idea now. But how was I supposed to know everything I knew and loved would be turned upside-down on Monday? So while I lazily stumbled my way through the plain Uchiha halls, everything that Sasuke had said to me the night before flew right out of my head. He could be all mysterious and freaky if he wanted to, either way he was still a jerk. And at the moment, my stomach was the only thing that I really cared about. Well, that and the missing idiot.

Normally I was the one who woke up first. After all, I had to battle his constricting arms almost every damn time we slept together. Gah, that sounded weird. My face flushed a bit at my own wording and I shook my head to dispel it. We didn't sleep together. It was more of a sharing of the same mattress while exchanging heat between our bodies. I paused in the connecting hallway to think about the new explanation. Did that help or hinder my blush? Either way, it didn't change the fact that Sasuke had not only gotten up before me, but had been submerged in the huge house that I hadn't quite memorized yet. Most of the time I was in here I was secluded to Sasuke's room.

Crap, which way was the kitchen? This place needed street signs or something. I sighed and leaned against one of the hallway walls, which were a complete lack of help since they all were a solid white. Seriously, who decided to make this a maze? I bet they used to sit in some secret room and watch little kids get lost in here for fun. I frowned at the idea while I stared in front of me at the uniform wall. Sasuke's parents barely had time to move in here, never mind torture people. Plus, Sasuke's mom looked way too nice to hurt someone like that. Nothing like her son. Realizing that I was probably going to have to wait until Sasuke decided to stop being an ass and come find me, I closed my eyes. Easily I could remember the sweet smile that his mom—Mikoto, I thought—always seemed to send the camera. How did someone who seemed so kind get killed in her own home? And seeing the crime photos, it was obvious that she had died after Sasuke's father. The thought alone made me grimace.

Sasuke and Itachi had both walked in on their parents' bodies. It made my stomach twist just to look at the crime scene photos now. I didn't want to imagine how it would have felt to be twelve and walk in on my parents dead. Hell, I wouldn't want to do it now. I remembered that the paper had commented about how Itachi was a little bit older than we were now. How did he handle it? I never really found out what happened after the custody battles. Sasuke had made sure I didn't turn that page. A part of me wanted to stumble my way back to Sasuke's room and flip to the next part of the foggy past, but I didn't move. I wanted to blame it on the fact I didn't know how to get back, and not the fact I didn't want to hurt Sasuke again. If he had snapped that quickly over the first part of the photo album, he'd probably kill me for the second part. Or himself, whichever one was easier.

I groaned when my stomach lurched in pain, not giving a damn about Sasuke or his past until food was served. I banged my head once against the wall, listening to the soft thump it made. The noise made me blink once before grinning, suddenly realizing something that should have just come naturally to me.

"Sasuke!!" I shouted loudly while I pushed myself back onto my feet, listening for a few seconds before bellowing his name again. Ha! I knew my loudness would come in handy one day. And the bastard said I was useless. From how easily he seemed to find my specific hallway, he couldn't say that anymore. It barely took him a minute. But he could still glare at me for other reasons.

"Why are you shouting?" He only snapped out his question after giving me a quick once-over, as if half expecting me to be sprawled out on the floor bleeding or something. So when I sent him a goofy smile, he narrowed his gaze without appreciation.