Ch 5. - Cleaning Up the Mess

DABI'S POV

KUMI: "TIME TO DIE!"

I guess Kumi found who she's looking for. I did my part, so now I just wait here like she said to.

Or not. I'm already bored.

Now that I think about it, this would be the perfect opportunity to check out her quirk. I make my way up the metal staircase on the side of the building. I take a look inside from the window.

Definitely was not expecting this...

KUMI'S POV

I leap forward towards Hibiki and take a few slashes at him. No good. He's using his dragon tattoo as a shield. The dragon then proceeds to snap at me. I almost dodge them all but the thing catches a nibble at my leg.

KUMI: "Ah! Shit!"

HIBIKI: "Having trouble there?"

KUMI: "Stop being a punk and fight me with your bare hands. What? Can you only do that while I'm unconscious?"

Hibiki gets mad at my last comment. His dragon lets go of my leg for a second. With the dragon still protecting his body, he charges at me full speed. Idiot.

I bend low and sweep kick his legs. While he's on the floor I jump on top and start scratching at his face.

⚠️ Gore Ahead

His face starts to look like it's been mauled by a cat. Blood is dripping down his face. He manages to get his dragon to pull me off and toss me across the room.

KUMI: "I'd say I made an improvement. The scratches on your face make you look less hideous."

HIBIKI: "AAARGH!"

He sends the dragon toward me again. It missed me by a small amount, the nails nicked my ear. This guy is so easy to piss off. From that last move, I can tell that insulting causes blind rage and sloppy attacks. What a sensitive bastard.

KUMI: "Come on micro penis! Give it your all!"

He lunges forward to punch me but I get a hold of his right arm. A look of regret melts over his face. When will he ever learn. I twist his arm and break his elbow, handicapping his other arm.

He stumbles backward, hollaring in pain and cursing up a storm. Hibiki falls into some of the fire that has traveled to the second floor. His screams get worse as he is lit ablaze. His dragon finally dissolves away. But he didn't give up here.

He runs out of the fire and knocks me down with his body weight.

HIBIKI: "YOU WHORE! I'LL KILL YOU!"

The fire on his body is burning my skin. I grab Hibiki's shoulders and take a big bite out of the side of his neck. I throw him off me and stand back up.

The building creaks, it's about to come down. I don't have much time. Hibiki is on the floor trying to stop the flames on his body. He's bleeding out from his neck and turning pale. I can't finish him off, I'll have to pray this building does. Blue fire is spreading throughout the second floor. I have to leave before my entry point is blocked.