Chapter 4: A Christmas Surprise

December 12th 2015

The mission in Oregon was mostly successful, but most of their security guards were killed in the process, Eliza was in charge of sending the letters, it was not easy sending out so many letters to the families of those that were lost that day. Six had made it a rule to evacuate as many guards and civilians as possible before a mission commences, she had taken the blame for using the soldiers as a first layer of defense, she had said that on their next defending mission they will leave much earlier to ensure the safety of their guards, and to make sure the building is properly fortified.

December 20th 2015

A bank in Los Angeles, California, was infiltrated, the SWAT were sent in to handle the situation, but as more intel was gathered, it showed that the White Masks were behind this attack. It had been two weeks since their attack in Oregon, their encounter must have shook them so much that they had to re-evaluate their plans.

Rainbow was called in once it was confirmed that this was a job for them, it wasn't too big of an attack, there was only ten at most that were in the bank, their only problem was that the White Masks were keeping people hostage inside, meaning they had to come up with a plan that will keep everyone safe.

Eliza looked down at the phone in her hands that she was using to control one of the drones, there was four other people also on their drones looking for the hostages. A few minutes go by before she hears Emmanuelle say "six hostages located, they're being kept in the safe in the basement, there's about five White Masks watching them while two more are putting all the money in bags" she said, Eliza gripped her phone in her hands, there was ten terrorists and seven hostages total, that means three terrorists and one hostage were not accounted for "keep searching, we still need to find one more hostage" everyone nodded.

It wasn't too long before they found the last hostage, Eliza herself found her, a woman dressed in a pant suit, she must be the CEO, if she wasn't, she didn't understand why they would have three watching just her alone.

Eliza called everyone together "Ensuring the safety of the bank workers is our top priority, if the White Masks manage to get away with some money, it's not that big of a deal, and even so, we have the swat surrounding the building" she began, standing in front of the other four operators "we'll need two going up to the second floor, where the CEO is guarded by three terrorists, they also have C4's set all over the room, Twitch, we'll need you to go up there with IQ, you two must work together to get rid of the C4's before you enter the room" she explained, looking at the two women directly "Blitz, Jordan, you'll come with me" Jordan cleared his throat, looking at Eliza a little nervously "you said my real name Ash, what if I die now because of you?" he asked, Eliza scoffed "whatever, Thermite" she said putting emphasis on the codename "if anyone wants to get to you they have to go through me" she said, Jordan nodded "yeah uh huh, sure Ash" he said sarcastically, Ash shook her head, composing herself "now gather everything you need, Twitch, you'll need to bring smoke grenades to cover yourselves when you enter the room, and IQ you need to bring breach charges and blow up the wall to the east of the room."

Eliza then told Jordan and Elias to both bring something to cover them when they got down to the basement, both her and Jordan brought flashbangs while Elias brought smoke grenades, she supposes Elias didn't need flashbangs, as he himself is a walking flashbang, she tried not to laugh at her own joke.

Eliza, Jordan, and Elias entered through the parking lot in the basement, while Monika and Emmanuelle entered through the second-floor balcony. By the end of it all, the mission was a success, if only for that close call with a C4 down in the basement, although the only one close enough was Elias, except for being winded from being thrown back by the explosion, he seemed alright. The hostages were safely taken outside to where the local police force escorted them home, as for the White Masks, their bodies were disposed of. Even though they were terrorists, that didn't mean Eliza still felt good about killing them.