Chapter 6: Black Ice

February 9th 2016

Baffin Bay, the large body of water between Canada and Greenland, it was usually safe to traverse during the winter, but near the shores between Greenland and Canada the water would freeze due to the deathly cold temperature, making it nearly impossible for a shipping boat to get through, let alone a yacht.

The yacht was popular amongst those from Greenland, as it was known as a party boat, where you could enjoy drinks out on the dock, or you could gamble to your hearts content in their mini casino. But little did they known that in the engine rooms there was military grade weapons, this was how they transported weaponry from Greenland to Canada and vice versa.

The White Masks must have found out about this some how and they attacked the ship, killing all the passengers and the crew, one of the staff sent out a distress call saying that some mean with white masks were attacking the ship, Rainbow was immediately contacted and sent out.

Six contacted a military force in Canada called the JTF2, or Joint Task Force Two, they had reportedly already sent out two of their best operators to scope out the place, as the yacht had crashed somewhere off the coast of Nunavut. Six told Eliza to send out the operators best equipped and familiar with the cold, so she did. Eliza had to send out four operators that were familiar with the cold and the four had to be a mix of both attackers and defenders, the choice was simple, she would send out the Russians.

Eliza notified them and told them they would be flying out ASAP, she also notified Marius that he would be flying them there. Everyone was loaded up and ready to depart within half an hour, they were taking a jet this time as it would get them to Canada faster. Eliza wished them good luck and saw them off before she went back into the building.

Eliza was setting up in the 'Eye in the sky' room, as they would call it. It was where they would watch over the operators on their missions, there was tons of cameras and equipment that tracked where everyone was, of course the cameras that they could see were the headcams that were attached to everyone's helmets and clothes if they had no helmet, it allowed them to see what everyone was looking at.

Eliza pressed a button on the keyboard in front of her that allowed her to talk through the headset she was wearing "Come in Jager, Come in" she called, making sure that their communications were working "Reading you loud and clear Ash" he replied, Eliza nodded to herself, they were working "approximate arrival time; one hour thirty seven minutes" she said, pulling up a rolling swivel chair to sit in while she worked "copy that" she heard, she stopped pressing the button and sat back in her chair.

It was a few minutes before the phone that was sitting on the desk started ringing, she picked it up almost immediately "Hello Six" she said, knowing it would be Aurelia "Hello Ash, I've got some dire news'' Eliza sighed quietly, she knew this whole mission seemed too simple "I have just received a report from JTF2, their operators, code named Buck and Frost, have found that the yacht is swarming with White Masks, they have rafts in the water, snowmobiles and they have somehow acquired a submarine. Those weapons on the yacht are highly valuable, it was Greenland's most crucial shipment, which is why they have attacked it now, rather than any other time." Aurelia began, Eliza started to worry, this was starting to become troublesome "Grenade launchers, explosives, multiple different types of guns, and most importantly, a new experimental type of bomb, one that is capable of ten times the power of a nuke. the reason as to why Canada was receiving this powerful of a bomb is unknown, we can sort out the politics later, right now your objective is to secure that yacht at all costs." Eliza closed her eyes tight, thinking it over, at all costs usually means that Six is willing to sacrifice an operator for this mission "Right away Six, we'll get this sorted out" The line was silent for a few moments "the fate of the world relies on it" Aurelia said before hanging up.