Chapter 5: Admirer

January 1st 2016

Marius slept in late, it was noon already, after the New years festival, Monika had dragged him along to a party that was going on at a nearby bar, apparently everyone was invited and "he just had to go" she said to him, now he had a splitting headache. Marius sighed, he sat up in his bed, almost hitting his head on the roof in the process, he really hated sleeping in a bunk bed sometimes, he groaned and rubbed his temples.

After a few moments of sitting in his bed, he climbed down the ladder and stretched, he went over to the only dresser in the room and pulled open one of the drawers, he sighed, it was noon and yet it was still dark in the room, although there was only one window in this room. He opened the curtain covering the window that was just above the dresser, he heard a groan of annoyance "fuck Marius" he turned and looked at the bunk bed and saw Dominic covering his eyes, he thought Dominic would've been awake and gone by now, he usually is.

Marius quickly grabbed his clothes and closed the curtains again "sorry about that, I didn't know you were here" he said quietly, Dominic sighed and got up out of the bed "we did go to the same party last night Marius, no way was I waking up early" he walked over to the dresser, grabbing his own clothes "guess I have no choice now" Marius flushed slightly, realizing Dominic was shirtless "uh.. yeah sorry about that" he said awkwardly and stepped away from the dresser "you said that already" he heard him say, Marius sighed, he did say that already didn't he. Marius rubbed the back of his neck nervously "right, I'm gonna go change now" he headed towards the door, when he opened it all the cold air came in "why are you leaving to change?" Dominic asked, Marius hummed and closed the door again, deciding he'd just wait until Dominic left "for uh... privacy reasons?" he said as more of a questions than an answer.

Dominic made a sound that sounded similar to a laugh "right" he said, Marius heard some rustling of clothes, he made sure not to look, why couldn't he room with his sister he wondered, she must be having similar problems, considering she has to room with the other GSG 9 operator, Marius is pretty sure his name is Elias, he wasn't too sure, he didn't have much of a chat with him when they first met. He snapped out of it when he realized Dominic finished changing and went to lay back in his bed, that wasn't good "uh.. you changed just to go back to bed?" he asked, looking at Dominic with worry, he scoffed "no, I'm just laying down, besides, I have nothing to do today."

Marius cursed under his breath, how was he going to change if Dominic was still here, he could go to the washrooms and change, but it was unbearably cold, apparently they hadn't installed those heaters in the hallways that they said they were going to, he could also just not change and stay here until Dominic leaves, but who knows how long that's going to be, maybe he'd just stay in his pajamas today and throw on a sweater, or perhaps he could just ask Dominic to leave, but how embarrassing would that be? Marius sighed, his last option would be to just change here, he couldn't afford anyone knowing though, especially not someone like Dominic, who would go around telling everyone, he hasn't done anything like that to Marius yet, but he wasn't really willing to take his chances.

Marius must have been thinking for too long, because Dominic was now looking at him "I wonder what you're thinking about" Marius quickly stood up properly and smiled awkwardly "oh nothing, just something my sister said" he laughed nervously and went to put his clothes back in the dresser, grabbing one of his sweaters, he decided he'd just stay in his pajamas today. He climbed back up the ladder of the bed, grabbing his phone before he climbed back down "your sister? That's the little blonde one right? Damn she is fine" Dominic said, Marius rolled his eyes, no wonder he's being nice to him, he's trying to get to his sister through him "oh, so that's why" he said quietly, Dominic looked at him "that's why what?" he asked, Marius sighed and looked at his phone, seeing messages from his siter, telling him to go right to her room when he wakes up "nothing, seems to happen a lot, so it's nothing new" he said, shrugging before he pulled the sweater over his head "mind telling me what the hell you're talking about" Marius looked at Dominic directly "I'll let my sister know" he said, an unimpressed look on his face as he put on his shoes and left.