Chapter 31.

Chapter 31 ━━ Driving Skills

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

With the guidance of Gally, the group enters the modern city before Katherine, Frypan, Brenda and Gally have to part from Teresa, Thomas and Newt according to the plan. 

The lights are shining under the pitch-black sky and it'll be a lie to say that the city isn't beautiful. 

They make it to a warehouse with rows of identical bright blue buses parked one after the other and halt at a point, taking cover from the WICKED cameras. 

"It's time. Get ready the bus and wait." Gally instructs the girls. 

"Aye aye, Captain." Katherine salutes at the boy with a grin. 

Gally disappears into a corner, not forgetting to give a sharp nod at Frypan. 

Not getting the signal, Katherine furrows her eyebrows together in confusion. She shrugs it off, letting it fall under the 'secrets between men' category. 

"Guess, I'll meet you guys outside the city." Frypan mutters to the girls. 

"Don't get us killed." Brenda says sarcastically. 

"No promises." Frypan flashes a smug smile and sneaks off to the other side of the warehouse to follow up the plan. 

Looking through the sea of buses, Katherine asks the girl. "Which one do you prefer?" 

Brenda points at a bus with an angry yellow 'RED ZONE' electrical board on the front, just like the other buses. "That one looks smart." 

"Whatever you say, badass." Katherine says as they jog to the bus scanning the area and avoiding the guards roaming in the warehouse. 

"We never had this smut talk about your moment with Newt." Brenda whispers with a knowing smirk. "I think we should before you replace me with your former girly best friend." 

"Oh please. I can perfectly manage two girl best friends." Katherine whispers back, throwing her hands in the air. 

"Good luck with that." 

Katherine grabs her walkie talkie from her pocket since static forms from it and turns it on. 

"Kat, Brenda, what's your status?" Thomas's voice muffles from the device. 

"Status is, we're working on it." 

"Copy. Just make sure you're ready on your end." 

"Don't worry. You know we're gonna be there." Katherine tells, pocketing her walkie talkie and sneaking into the bus with Brenda. "That was easy."  

"Never underestimate WICKED." Brenda hops into the driving seat, turning on the ignition. The engine roars coming into life as the lights turn on. 

Katherine stumbles into the shotgun with an amused smile. "You know how to drive, right?"