Chapter Nineteen | Viessa

"Hi everyone!" Viessa exclaimed, while everyone took their seats. "I've never been so glad to see you guys again." Everyone smiled at her waiting for her to continue with the plan for today.

"Today is going to be a day of investigating. Be ready to get dirty" Viessa warned them. "We will go with our assigned groups to investigate. Write down every little detail you see so we can use them later."

"Perfect," Ashryn grinned. "I'm ready to get started!"

If Ashryn was ready then everyone else would be ready too. Viessa smiled and spoke softly, "Okay, and don't forget to get back here for lunch at around 1. After lunch we can just continue investigating again."

"Thanks for reminding me about lunch. I forgot all about it!" Aymon grinned and everyone laughed. Now that the tension between them was gone it felt much better when Viessa spoke.

"Ashryn! Aymon! Here's your leaping crystal," Viessa took out the leaping crystal from her pocket and handed it to Ashryn. "Oh, and here's the notebook and pencil to record stuff."

Ashryn took Aymon's hand and they both lept to Alden's death scene.

"So. . ." Raverie started looking at her and Kieran after the other two left.

"What?" Kieran asked.

"Nothing," Raverie said, a bit too quickly.

"Okay?" Kieran looked suspiciously at her and turned to Viessa. "Why don't we too get started on investigating?"

"Come on then," Viessa said, grabbing Kieran's hand. Raverie took Kieran's hands grumbling something under her breath. Viessa ignored Raverie and raised the crystal into the light which took them directly to Alina's death scene.

                                                                                            . . .

Kieran gasped loudly when he took a look at the blood that was left. Raverie just looked at him weirdly and walked near the body. Kieran looked at Viessa and when their eyes met Viessa knew that Kieran wanted to tell her something. Viessa shook her head and Kieran nodded back like he understood.

"I can't stand you two!" Raverie told them, throwing her hands up in the air.

"What?" Kieran asked her.

"Nothing little brother, nothing." Raverie said with a loud sigh.

"Oh right," Viessa said. "You guys are siblings."

"You forgot that?" Kieran asked, his face was filled with shock.

"Uh. . . yeah." Viessa said, embarrassed. "You guys look nothing like each other and you guys don't act anything like each other. It's easy to forget."

"Oh, sure." Raverie rolled her eyes and then she gave them a pointed look. "See this is what I mean."

"Mean what?" Viessa asked her, confused.

"Nothing," Raverie shook her head hard.

Viessa and Kieran looked at each other. What was going on with Raverie?

"Well, I'm going to go investigate the surrounding area and leave you to do the dirty work," Raverie told them and she walked off in a random direction.

Once Raverie was gone Kieran started speaking quietly. "When I gasped after seeing the blood, did you see the look my sister gave me? It looked like she had already seen this place before me."

"What if she has seen it before?" Viessa asked him quietly.

"I don't think that's possible though," Kieran mumbled. He looked away.