Chapter Twenty-Seven | Viessa

Hi! We both are back to updating, finally! This chapter was written by me, so hope you like it! Enjoy! 

Viessa sat down on her bed, it had been an hour since she had lunch. Her friends had come over in the morning for a sleepover tonight but the dumb dare Kieran gave is sister got them all in trouble. At least Kaylessa got them out of trouble with a great plan that she had.

Viessa smiled at the thought of Kaylessa. They had really come a long way from just being best friends. Now, it felt like Kaylessa and her were even closer. Even though they couldn't find out who killed Alden and Alina, at least the group was getting better at working together. Wait, Viessa thought. They could go investigate Alina's councillor dwelling for any clues to find the killer!

Viessa hailed her friends and told them to come over to her house immediately.

"Hi!" Viessa greeted everyone.

"What do you want? I have things to do!" Raverie grumbled. Everyone shot Raverie a look.

"We should go investigate Alina's dwelling to find more clues to find the killer!" she exclaimed.

"That's such a good idea!" Ashryn agreed.

"Yeah, let's go!" Kaylessa said, too much excitement in her eyes to be normal. Viessa knew Kaylessa was glad that the attention was lowered from her dad.

"Do we have to?" the boys asked at the same time, groaning.

"Yes!" the girls said firmly.

"At least we can spend some time together, our sleepover was already ruined by someone," Kaylessa coughed, looking at Kieran.

"Fine," Kieran mumbled sheepishly.

Raverie glared at her brother, "Hope you understood your mistake, brother dear." Kieran glared back at her.

"Stop wasting time, let's go!" Aymon said, stopping the bickering siblings.

. . .

"How do we know which one of them is hers?" Ashryn asked, once they arrived at the councillor's dwelling.

"We'll have to guess," Kaylessa said.

Keryn pointed, "It's probably that one."

"How do you know?" Kaylessa asked, her hand on her hip.

"I just get Alina vibes from there." Keryn responded.

Kaylessa sighed dramatically, "Well, we just have to hope you're right."

"I'm right." Keryn glared.

"You don't know that for sure," Kaylessa said, glaring back.

"Yes I do!" Keryn snapped.

"Stop it." Esarae shoved them both. "It's that one for sure because Alina got Kenric's old dwelling."

"Fine, but if it's wrong, it's all Keryn's fault," Kaylessa replied. Keryn rolled his eyes.

They reached the steps outside the door and everything there was way too elegant. Raverie knocked on the door. Hopefully no councillor would answer and they wouldn't be caught.

After a few moments of waiting they were getting impatient but then suddenly the door swung open. Everyone jumped back. There was a darkly dressed person who was wearing a huge silver mask over their face. The person jumped back when they saw them and quickly covered themself in shadows, jumped out the door and leaped away.

Everyone stared at the open door in shock. "Who was that?" Viessa asked, eyes still wide.

"I don't know!" Raverie replied, also still in shock.

"Was that the killer?" Kaylessa asked.

"Could be." Kieran said.

"Should we go inside?" Ashryn asked, scared. "What if there are more of them?"

Keryn shrugged, "Best if we check. We're here to investigate after all!"

"I agree." Aymon nodded.

"Fine," Ashryn said, still panicking.

They slowly stepped inside the dwelling, it was definitely Alina's. Everything in the room had an Alina style to it. Viessa slowly took some steps towards the first room and peeked in it. It was horribly dark inside even though it was only the afternoon and there were creepy shadows bouncing on the wall.

"Everyone should stay with another person," Viessa said, backing up a little.

"I call being with Kaylessa." Raverie said, grabbing Kaylessa's arm and dragging her away.

"Wait, use the flashlights because other councillors might see us if we turn the lights on." Viessa said, handing both of them a flashlight.

"I'll stick with Ashryn and Viessa. Keryn, Kieran and Aymon, you three stay together." Esarae told them, waving them off after they got their flashlights.

"Ashryn, Esarae, let's check if anything's in there." Viessa pointed to the room she peeked into.

"Okay." Ashryn nodded, following Viessa slowly into the room.

"I'm still creeped out about that masked man." Esarae whispered.

"Man? It looked like that person was younger than us!" Viessa exclaimed.

"Yeah," Ashryn added.

"Fine," Esarae said. "I'm still creeped out about that masked person!"

"Who isn't?" Viessa said. Viessa looked around the room, all she could see was clothing. Alina had three huge shelves and one big closet all filled with clothing. There was also a drawer filled with makeup and other supplies.

"I don't think there's anything in this room!" Ashryn said. She backed up quickly, bumped into the wall and fell onto the floor.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh! There's something behind me!"

Viessa and Esarae fell over laughing. "THAT-WAS-THE-WALL!"

Ashryn turned around. "Oh." she said embarrassed.

"What happened? Who just screamed?" Aymon asked, running into the room. Kieran and Keryn followed him.

"It was Ashryn. She screamed after backing up into the wall, thinking that it was a monster." Esarae said, laughing hysterically.

Ashryn blushed red as the boys began to laugh as well.

"That's enough! Get back to work!" Viessa scolded. The boys ran off.

"That was funny." Esarae muttered.

Ashryn gave her a look, 'It was not."

"It was!" Viessa said.

"Whatever," Ashryn mumbled, her face still red.

Viessa laughed, her foot caught up to one of Alina's dresses and she tripped, falling on her face.

"Owwww." she moaned.

"Now that was funny!" Ashyrn said, laughing.

"How was that funny?" Esarae asked, trying to help Viessa up.

"Because she tripped and fell on her face!" Ashyrn exclaimed.

Esarae sighed, "Totally funny. Why don't you ask her if she's okay?"

"Fine," Ashryn huffed. "Viessa, are you okay?"

"Actually I'm not," Viessa said, quietly. "Because look what I found."

Mysterious Miss S out ->