Sweeney Todd | Part 1/1

The air was sharp and brisk, as it usually was in London. You held your dearest husband's hand as you walked past the busy shop fronts. He briefly left you while he went into a one of the shops. Soon after he left your side a man approached you. His teeth were dirty, his hair was short and unkept.

"What's a pretty lady like you doin' all by your lonesome?" He gave a sinister grin. He loomed over you, his arm supporting himself against the wall. You could feel his hot breath on your face, it stank.

"I'm married, thank you very much," You snapped back at him sternly. You attempted to move away from him but he blocked you in.

"I don't mind," He snarled.

"My husband will," You retorted coolly. He looked at you with a sense of confusion for a moment. You kneed him in the crotch and walked about ten feet away from him. He didn't dare try and seduce you again but still did not take his eyes off of you.

Sweeney appeared out of the shop and started to the left but turned the other way when he found a filthy man instead of you. At first you didn't even notice your husband coming out. Your eyes were set glaring at the man.

Sweeney curled his arm around your waist as you went on your way. He gave the dirty man a chilling glare as you walked past. Your husband knew without asking you didn't like him, therefor neither did he.

After being a fair distance away from the man Sweeney turned to you. "He was bothering you?" His eyebrows deepened with concern. You nodded. "He won't again," He said coldly. You wondered what he was going to do, but didn't ask. Nobody was to question Sweeney Todd, he did as he willed.

Later that night you sat in your living room, reading a book by candlelight.

"I have a gift for you my love," You glanced up from the pages to find your husband waiting at the doorway.

"What is it," You smiled curiously.

"Come," He offered his hand to help you out of the chair. He lead you up the stairs into his barber shop. You gasped when he opened the door. There, in the chair laid the man that had bothered you at the shop, his throat slit. Sweeney walked over to the chair and stepped on the peddle sending the body down to the basement.

"I told you he wouldn't bother you again," he looked into your shocked eyes and then down to your lips. At first sight of the body you were disturbed but your husband's face instantly calmed you. His hand held the right side of your face and his thumb grazed across your cheek and he pulled you in for a kiss.

Kinda short (491 words), sorry. Don't have a lot of motivation to write at the moment.