● | Six | ●

The two boys sit in silence for a moment, eyes not yet disconnecting with the air where Janus was sitting. After a moment, they realise that they need to move on, and look to eachother before reluctantly standing and heading through the last set of gates.

"So, are you g-gonna kill me now, or what?" Virgil tries his best to sound snarky and sardonic as per his usual tone, but it was obvious to Logan that nervous undertones were beginning to leak through his sentences.

The other doesn't get the time to reply, because the now-dreaded speakers begin to admit noise.

"Infront of you two boys is a set of double doors. On the other side of those doors is a 24-step staircase. At the bottom lies a small box containing a single dagger. Only one. Whichever of you survives will earn their freedom. Do what you will, and good luck."

Sure enough, infront of the two stands some wooden double doors, to which Virgil immediately takes off in a run towards.

Logan is caught off guard by the sudden movement, and takes a good two seconds to set off after the emo.

Admittedly, the footwork of running down a concrete staircase while wearing platform boots is rather difficult, but Virgil barely struggles. He blames it on the adrenaline.

"Virgil! Wait! We should talk about this!" Logan breathlessly aregues following down the stairs, fighting against his tiredness.

The glasses-wearing boy watches helplessly as the other opens the box and takes out a large 6 inch blade with an engraved and decorated handle, and holds it shakily.

Logan thinks to himself.
"Now what? You become a murderer?"

Virgil breathes in heavily and glances down to the floor.
"No, I- I know what you're trying to do, you can't psych me out..!"

With that, Logan steps back, untying the dark blue silk tie that was previously wrapped around his neck. He unbuttons the top button of his shirt and lets the tie drape over his shoulders.

Then he runs at Virgil.

The knife-weilding boy flinches at the movement, gasping and moving sideways to avoid any contact.

Logan spins around and wraps a hand around Virgil's waist, who begins to protest and kick his legs, which doesn't hinder Logan's grip due to how light the purple-haired boy is.

"Fucking let go!"
"Drop the knife, and I will!"

Virgil then does something very out of his character, taking the knife and stabbing it into Logan's lower arm.

Said boy screams out in pain and releases his grip on the other, causing him to land both of his feet, planting a hand on the concrete floor to steady himself, the other hand still holding the know blooded knife.

a stream of blood begins to ooze from Logan's wrist wound, and he realises that he is going to soon loose this fight if he doesn't do something.

Virgil stands, still facing away from Logan.

The other takes his tie in his hands and reluctantly speed-walks towards Virgil.

With two of his hands, he wraps the fabric of the tie around Virgil's neck, tightening it to the point where Virgil begins to struggle for breath.

He screeches in surprise, bringing his hands to grab the fabric as he drops the knife, but finding that he isn't stronger than Logan.

Both of the boys find a heavy stream of tears running down their faces. Logan doesn't want to kill Virgil, and Virgil doesn't want to die; not right now, despite the conversations he has with his therapist.

Within a few minutes, Virgil stops struggling against Logan's suffocating grip, his body falling limp against Logan's.

The now-killer slowly brings Virgil's body to the floor, feeling guilty and looking at the stains of ran eyeliner and tears on his face.

He then takes the knife from the ground and cuts a rectangle out of Virgil's shirt, wrapping it around his wrist to stop the bloodflow.

In a moment of contemplation, Logan pulls one of the many bracelets from the deceased's wrist and places it onto his own, next to his wristwatch.

"Congratulations. You've done well. Now please head through the final door set and be seated as the victor."

Logan breathes out in shock of the last hour's events. Then he steps slowly away from Virgil's body, leaving the knife.

When he heads through the doors, he enters a small room with a deep golden throne.

He dizzily steps towards it, thinking about what will happen next.

But, then he realises that it doesn't matter. Nothing matters, because he won.

He won.

Not Remus, not Patton, not Roman, not Janus, and not Virgil.

Him, Logan.

Logan won.

------

785 words