Chapter 1

5 years later

I flick my cigarette away, watching as Spike and Demidogs finish off the dragon before me. It let out an annoyingly loud roar as it dropped to the ground and let its final breath. Whistling, I watch as two Demidogs rip off the horns and the largest sharp tooth to bring to me.

"Make sure to get the incubation process finished as soon as possible, I want Mimir up and about immediately." I ordered, putting away the horns and tooth before petting the two Demidogs.

They all let out a loud screech/roar as they started dragging the body into the Upside Down. Lighting a cigarette, I start the hour long walk back to Axel.

~Brought to you by OxiClean, how else do you get monster guts out of your clothes?~

I'm finally coming up to the front gate hen I suddenly see what looks like a NEET and the goddess who reincarnated me appear. Confused, I make my way over to them and tap Aqua on the shoulder.

"Huh?" She asked, turning to me and widening her eyes in surprise.

"Sup." I said simply, the brown haired boy turning to me in confusion.

"You're still sane?!" Aqua asked in surprises.

"Besides the annoyance of having to deal with the cults who pop up in my name, yeah. My sane followers are actually starting to gain traction." I said, pulling out an amulet in the shape of an opened Demigorgon mouth with an eye in the middle.

"I'm confused." The NEET said.

"Oh yeah, you're new. I'm Jay Kuro, God of the Upside Down and Fear." I said, holding my hand out.

"K-Kazuma Satou." He said nervously, shaking my hand.

"Don't be afraid dude, I was legit human 5 years ago." I said, chuckling.

"You're reincarnated too?" Kazuma asked in surprise.

"He is, and unlike you he died in a cool away." Aqua teased, laughing at him.

"You're just trying to ease your own pain of being dragged here by mocking him." I said blankly, watching her soul shatter in her eyes as she crouched down and started crying.

Sighing, I lift her by the back of her collar as if she were a cub and start carrying her.

"Follow me, I'll show you to the guild." I said plainly, already walking ahead.

"So how has it been?" Kazuma asked, following after me.

"Meh, some strong stuff here and there. At least the guild remains lively." I replied.

After a few more minutes of small talk and prying Kazuma's Death out of him, which wasn't the worst I've seen or heard of, we made it to the front of the guild.

"This looks amazing." Kazuma said in awe.

"Yep." I said, popping the p as I kick the doors in and everything inside goes silent. "I'm back assholes and I got some newbies."

Everyone cheered, raising their mugs in the air as the waitresses already starting passing out fresh rounds. Leading Kazuma and Aqua over to Luna, I show her my adventurer card.

"Another dragon, good job Jay." Luna said, smiling as she put my payment on the table.

"Thanks. You guys, this is Luna, she's really nice and approachable if you need some help or things for a quest." I said, explaining to the two.

"Nice to meet you. Now let's start the registration process." Luna said.

After a few minutes, Kazuma ends up as an adventurer and Aqua is an Arch-Priest. Currently, we're heading towards the blacksmith to get them both some gear.