Rum

A/N: Why is the rum gone?

"Why have you been staring at that bread for a long time?" Jisoo's voice snaps Jennie out of her trance.

Tour has ended and everyone is exhausted, but for Jennie, everything's just starting for her now. She has to film a lot for her SOLO, and she has performances topped by interviews left and right. Jennie asks if she can take this particular week off, as most of her performances were already pre recorded and she's as exhausted as she can be.

"We bought peanut butter last time at the supermarket, remember? Put those in the toaster and bring the spread out," Jisoo is still talking to her, Jennie knows, but she doesn't answer. She doesn't even move.

"Jendeukie, hey- what's wrong?" Jennie finally looks up to see Jisoo's questioning gaze. Their oldest wipes her cheeks using her thumb and Jennie wouldn't be able to figure out she's already crying if Jisoo hadn't stepped in. "Why are you crying?"

Jennie replies a soft ' nothing ' and ignores her. She saunters in the kitchen and opens a few cabinets.

"Do you even know what you're looking for?"

"No."

Jennie sobs and collapses on the floor. "I don't know what I'm looking for, Chu."

Jisoo doesn't ask. She just sits on the floor with her arms around her and Jennie has never been more grateful than having a best friend like her. Her tears subside after long minutes of rocking back and forth, so Jisoo helps her stand up and wordlessly usher her to her bedroom.

"I'm not going to pry about the specific details, but I have to know one thing," The oldest softly says. "Are you okay?"

"No," Jennie replies honestly.

It's true. Ever since the hotel encounter, Jennie was nowhere near okay. The memories of that night crashes through her and tears well up on her eyes once again.

Unnie," Jennie begins, her voice low and hoarse from all the crying she's done. "I'm going to tell you something, but you have to promise me to listen to me first before you say anything."

Jennie couldn't sleep. Her body is numb, her heart aches at the memory of a distant Lisa closing her door behind her, and her eyes sting from all the crying she's done. It's past 2 in the morning. The date with Kai ended about five hours ago, and she has yet to confront Lisa.

Jennie figures to just fuck it. She needs to know where she and Lisa stand and whether or not this is still friendship or something more than that. Jennie thinks that maybe, just maybe, her hunch is wrong, but she pushes the nagging voice in her head. She should be right about one thing, because how the hell do you explain why Lisa Manoban, eyes fresh with tears, is standing in front of the hotel right after her date with the EXO member?

She goes out of her room and proceeds to go to Lisa's. Jennie knocks and calls out her name but nothing happens. Just as she was about to leave, the door swings wide open and there she sees the woman who has invaded her mind since August.

"Get inside," Lisa says, her voice soothing but laced with venom. Jennie doesn't understand. Why is Lisa mad at her?

She quickly closes the door behind her and stands inside Lisa's dimly lit hotel room. Jennie reaches over to turn the bedside lamp on and she sees Lisa sitting on the bed. She slowly sits in front of her, her body feeling small at Lisa's unaverted gaze.

"I'm sorry," she says, and Lisa raises an eyebrow at her.

"What are you actually sorry about, Jen?" she asks.