The Blood King

Ashlyn's POV

I saw all the guys at the table hurry to get out of the cafe followed by a happy Tom walking back towards me.

"What did you say?" I asked him.

He sat down, "Nothing baby don't worry." I nod hesitantly.

"I guess I should get going since he's sleeping and I don't wanna keep you from work." Tom ran his fingers though his hair. I looked down and realized he was talking about James, he fell asleep in my arms.

"Okay, I'll come bring him to the car."

"Thanks." Tom said with a smile.

"Jessie I'll be right back." I whispered as we walked past the cash register.
She looked at me then to Tom, her eyes widen. Jessie gulped, nodded then looked back down instantly.

Huh that was weird.

After we left the cafe Tom unlocked the car and opened the back door for me to put James in his car seat, I put him in and buckled him up.

I closed the door and turned around so I was face to face with Tom, "How are you so good with kids?"

I shrugged,"I have siblings."

He looked confused and handed me my house key, "You never talk about them do they live with your parents?"

I nodded grabbing the key, "My parents moved away right when I turned eighteen I have Two sisters and a brother, they where eleven, six and five so now there a year older."

"They left you?" Tom asked in an angry tone, I nod once again.

Tom's POV

Why the hell would they leave her? Fucking useless bitches.

Ashlyn leaned forward so her forehead was on my chest, after a few minutes she spoke.

"I gotta go." She looked up, gave me a quick peck on the cheek, and made her way back inside. I sighed loudly, got in my car and drove home. It was about a ten to fifteen minute drive. When we got home I took James to his bed and tucked him in.

A few hours later...

I walked into the kitchen and saw Adeline, she was our chef.

"Hello Thomas."

I smiled, "Hi how are you?"

"I'm doing good and you?"

"Yep I'm good thanks how's Charlie?"
Charlie's her husband, odd man but he's nice.

"Charlie's good thank you for asking."

"Of course no problem what's for dinner, if I may ask?"

"Chicken fajitas dear."

"Really!" She nods her head, "Thank you Adeline you're the best!"

"No problem hun." I walked up to my room, locked the door, made sure my window were locked and the curtains were closed.

I started changing so I could get in the shower, I went into the bathroom and turned on the water.

Ashlyn's POV

The next day...

3:45pm
Jessie and I just finished work, we where walking out the cafe when she started speaking, "S-So I don't want to offend you or anything but what where you doing with Thee Tom?

I raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

"I didn't take you for the type of person to hang around a guy like him."