The pool

Tom's POV

Its around seven at night and I haven't seen Ashlyn today, aside from that right now I'm on my way downstairs to the kitchen. As I walked in I saw Ashlyn sitting at the island while Adeline was cooking.

I stood in the door frame and watched their movements, Adeline finished cooking after a few more minutes and placed a bowl in front of Ashlyn. She ate three spoons then pushed it away, instead she grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl.

She bit into it and put it down, I walked into the kitchen completely so they both could see me and opened one of the cabinets. Looking for Ashlyn's medicine.

"Good evening you two." I said closing the cabinets, "Hello dear." Adeline responded cleaning the counter.

I put Ashlyn's medicine on the counter and looked over in Adeline's direction, she was washing the dishes so I couldn't see her face.

"How's Charlie?"

She shrugged, "I don't really know, he's been out on business so I haven't called him in a few days."

"How long has he been out?"

"About three weeks now, why?" She finished the dishes and looked at me.

"Just tell him it's been so long and I want him to meet my girlfriend."

She nods, "I will." Then leaves.

Ashlyn had finished taking all her medication by the time Adeline had left, "Ash?" She looked at me.

"I'm gonna kill him, for what he did to you." Her face expressions stayed the same, "He won't see it coming until it's to late."

"I promise." I took a deep breath before continuing, "I'll make sure your safe as long as I live even if I'm gone and your still here."

She looked down and played with her thumbs, "You can leave if you want, whatever makes you comfortable."

She taps the counter then gets up from her chair, she left the kitchen and went back up to her room.

I hate how she doesn't feel safe around me but I understand why she doesn't, I wouldn't feel safe around me either after what I did.

My phone pinged and it was a message from Harry.

Harry: Jacob, Sam, James and I are gonna go swimming, meet downstairs in ten.

I told him I'd see them soon and went upstairs to get ready, I put on a pair of blue swim shorts and walked back down.

All of the boys were already in the pool waiting for me, I got in and Harry swam over to me.

"I couldn't get a video today sorry."

I shook my head, "It's alright." Harry looked down and we both went silent, "H-Have you watched them?"

He looked at me again and nodded lightly, "I have to see them to get all the footage."

I sighed, "It's all my fault." He didn't say anything. I didn't expect him to because we both know that was the truth, It was my fault.