4 │ YOU CAN LIVE WITHOUT A SPLEEN

SEASON 2: EPISODE 10. THE SACRIFICE
CHAPTER 4. YOU CAN LIVE WITHOUT A SPLEEN

 YOU CAN LIVE WITHOUT A SPLEEN

"STARING WON'T GET YOU anywhere, Stef." I say, not looking up from my book, which I was reading on the bed in the room I was staying at in the Salvatore Boarding House.

"I am not staring." He replies.

"Sure." I tell him, not believing him, as I look up at him, closing my book. "Let me guess, you came here to get more information on Klaus."

"I came to see if you were okay." He replies.

And for the first time, in a long time, I was surprised.

"Why?" I ask, before I can stop myself.

"I don't know." He replies, his eyebrows furrowing.

He walks in, standing in front of me.

"Why did you stop Elijah from staking me?" He asks me.

"Should I have just let him kill you?" I ask him, raising an eyebrow.

"No, but why did you stop him?" He says. "I have been nothing but a jerk to you since you came back."

"Stefan, do you think I'm lying to you, when I say that I actually care about you and don't want to see you hurt?" I ask him.

"I thought so." He answers.

"Why would I lie?" I ask him, simply.

"I don't know." He replies. "You seem to lie about everything else."

I look at him, scoffing.

"When the hell did I ever lie to you?" I ask him.

"When you told me that you didn't compel me, even when you did." He replies, and I can feel my anger rising.

"Because I didn't!" I yell at him, as I throw the book on the bed, and stand up, facing him. "You wanna go around thinking I compelled you, because you're too scared to admit that you actually had true feeling for you, then fine! You go right on ahead, see if I give a damn! But don't go around saying I compelled you or I ever lied to you! You think I compel you? You think I lied? Why are you here then?" I take a step forward and he just looks at me surprised. "It's actually pathetic that you need to lie to yourself to get your mind to hate me!"

With that, I storm out of the room, out of the Salvatore Boarding House.

"BELLALINE." I HEAR A familiar voice say.

I was sitting at a table in Mystic Grill, having a burger and fries.