Chapter 2 John just can't wait to be alpha & the mountain lions

John came to visit me. "Hey Ariel." John said. "Hi John." I said. "Come on, I just heard about this great place." John said. "John, I'm kinda in the middle of a bath." I said. "And it's time for yours." Lily said before picking him up with her mouth. "Mom. Mom you're messing up my fur." John said as his mom started to give him a bath. She looked at him when he told her that she is messing up his fur. Okay okay, I'm clean. Can we go now?" John asked. "Where are we going? It better not be any place dumb." I said. "No, it's really cool." John said. "So where is this really cool place?" Lily said. "Oh, around the waterhole." John said. "The waterhole, what's so great about the waterhole?" I asked. "I'll show you when we get there." John said. "Oh, mom, can I go with John?" I asked. "Hmm, what do you think Lily?" Virginia said. "Well..." Lily said. "Please." John and I said. "It's alright with me." Lily said. Then we started to leave when she added as long as Nigel goes with you. "No, not Nigel." John said. "Step lively. The sooner we get to the water hole... the sooner we can leave." Nigel said. "So, where are we really going?" I asked. "A mountain lion graveyard." John said. "Wow!" I said excitedly. "Shh! Nigel." John said. "Right. So how are we gonna ditch the dodo?" I asked. "Oh, I know how." John said. "Oh, just look at you two. Little seeds of romance blooming in the forest. Your parents will be thrilled... what with your being betrothed and all." Nigel said. "Being what?" John asked. "Betrothed. Intended. Affianced." Nigel said. "Meaning...?" I said. "One day, you two are going to be married." Nigel said. "Yuck!" John said. "Eww!" I said. "I can't marry her. She's my friend." John said. "Yeah, it'd be so weird." I said. "Sorry to bust your bubble... but you two turtledoves have no choice. It's a tradition going back generations." Nigel said. "When I'm alpha, that'll be the first thing to go." John said. "Not so long as I'm around." Nigel said. "In that case, your fired." John said. "Nice try. But only the alpha can do that." Nigel said. "Well, he's the future alpha." I said as I walked up beside John. "Yeah, so you have to do what I tell you." John said. "Not yet, I don't. And with an attitude like that... I'm afraid you're shaping up to be... a pretty pathetic alpha indeed." Nigel said. "Not the way I see it." John said. 🎶John: I'm gonna be a mighty alpha. So enemies beware.
Nigel: Well I've never seen an alpha with quite so little strength.
John: I'm gonna be the main event like no alpha was before. I'm brushing up on looking down. I'm working on my howl.
Nigel: Thus far a rather uninspiring thing.
John: Oh, I just wait to be alpha.
Nigel: You've rather a long way to go young master, if you think...
John: No one saying "do this"
Nigel: When I said that...
Ariel: No one said "be threre"
Nigel: What I meant was...
John: No one saying "stop that"
Nigel: What you don't realize...
John & Ariel: No one saying "see here"
Nigel: Now see here!
John: Free to run around all day.
Nigel: Well, that's definitely out.
John: Free to do it all my way.
Nigel: I think it's time that you and I arranged a heart-to-heart.
John: Alphas don't need advice from little hornbills for a start.
Nigel: If this is where the monarchy is headed count me out. Out of service, out of the forest. I wouldn't hang about. This pup is getting wildly out of wing.
John: Oh, I just can't wait to be alpha.
Everybody look left. Everybody look right. Everywhere you look I'm standing in the spotlight.
Nigel: Not yet!
All of the animals: Let every creature go for broke and sing. Let's hear it in the heard and on the wing. It gonna be alpha John's finest fling.
All of the animals including John & Ariel: Oh. I just can't wait to be alpha. Oh, I just can't wait to be alpha. Oh, I just can't wait... to be alpha.🎶
"I beg your pardon madam but get off. John, Ariel." Nigel said. We were able to lose him. "All right! It worked!" John said. "We lost him." I said. "I am a genius." John said. "Hey, genius, it was my idea." I said. "Yeah, but I pulled it off." John said. "With me!" I said. "Oh, yeah?" John asked. John and I started to play. He gave a small yelp.