Chapter 5 Hakuna Matata part 2 & John meets Ariel

They showed John their home. "Welcome to our humble home." Rocky said. "You live here?" John asked. "We live wherever we want." Rocky said. "Yep! Home is where your rump rest." Jason said. "It's beautiful." John said. "I'm starved." Jason said. "I'm so hungry I can eat a whole deer." John said. "Uh, we're fresh out of deer." Rocky said. "Any elk?" John asked. "Nu-uh." Rocky said. "Mosse?" John asked. "Nope, listen kid, if you live with us, you have to eat like us. Hey this looks a good spot to rustle up some grub." Rocky said. They walk over to a log with mushrooms and grass around it. "Ew, what's that?" John asked. "Mushrooms. What do they look like?" Rocky asked. "Ew, gross." John said. "Tastes like chicken." Rocky said after eating a mushroom with a blade of grass. "Sweet with rain." Jason said. "These are rare delicacies. Piquant, with a very pleasant crunch." Rocky said while eating a leaf. "You'll learn to love them." Jason said. "I'm telling you kid. This is the great life, no rules, no responsibilities, and best of all, no worries." Rocky said. John picked up a mushroom with a blade of grass. "Oh well, hakuna matata." John said before trying the mushrooms with the blade of grass. "Sweet with rain." John said. "That's it." Rocky said. Fifteen years go by and John grows up. 🎶Rocky & Jason: Hakuna matata hakuna matata hakuna matata.
John: It means no worries for the rest of your days.
All of them: It's our problem free philosophy. Hakuna matata.(7× hakuna matata part.) Back at the wolf den Branden has Nigel in some kind of cage made with bones and a rock. 🎶Nobody knows the trouble I've seen. Nobody knows my sorrow.🎶 Nigel said. "Oh, Nigel, do lighten up. Sing something with a little bounce in it." Branden said. 🎶It's a small world after all.🎶 Nigel said. "No, no, anything but that!" Branden said. 🎶I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts. There they are, standing in a row. Big ones small ones. Some as big as your head.🎶  "I would never have to do this with Zack." Nigel said. "What?! What did you say?" Branden said. "Uh, nothing." Nigel said. "You know the law, never ever mention that name in my presence. I am the alpha!" Branden said. "Yes Branden you are the alpha I only mentioned it to illustrate the differences in your managerial approaches." Nigel said. "Hey boss!" Killian said. "Oh, what is it this time?" Branden said. "We've got a bone to pick with you!" Killian said. "I'll handle this. Branden there's no food and no water." Emma said. "Yeah, it's dinnertime and we ain't got no stinking entrees!" Killian said. "It's the female wolves job to do the hunting." Branden said. "But they won't go hunt." Killian said. "Oh, eat Nigel." Branden said. "Oh, you wouldn't want me. I'd be so tough and gamy and--" Nigel said. "Oh, Nigel don't be ridiculous. All you need is a little dung." Branden said. "I thought things were bad under Zack." Killian whispered. "What did you say?" Branden said. "I said za--" Killian started when Emma bumped him in the side. "I said... ¿Que pasa?" Killian said. "Good. Now get out." Branden said. As they were about to walk out they stopped and turned their heads to Branden. "But we're still hungry." Killian said. "Out!" Branden shouted. Later that night at Jason and Rocky's home they are all laying on the ground and John burps. "Whoa. Nice one, John." Rocky said. "Thanks. Man, I'm stuffed." John said. "Me too. I ate like a pig." Jason said. "Jason, you ate a lot." John said. They all sighed. "Rocky?" Jason asked. "Yeah?" Rocky asked. "Ever wonder what those sparkling dots are up there?" Jason asked. "Jason, I don't wonder, I know." Rocky said. "Oh? What are they?" Jason asked. "They're fireflies-- fireflies that got stuck in that big blue-ish black thing." Rocky said. "Oh, gee. I always thought they were balls of gas... burning billions of miles away." Jason said. "Jason, with you, everything's gas." Rocky said. "John, what do you think?" Jason asked. "Well, I don't know." John said. "Oh, come on. Give, give, give, give." Jason said. "Nah." John said. "We told you ours. Please?" Jason and Rocky said. "Well, somebody once told me... that the great alphas of the past are up there... watching over us." John said. "Really?" Jason asked. "A bunch of dead wolves are watching us?" Rocky asked before all of them started laughing. "Who told you something like that? What mook made that up?" Rocky asked. "Yeah, pretty dumb, huh?" John asked. "Aw, you're killing me." Rocky said. Then they stopped laughing. Then John stood up and walked away to have some time to himself. "Was it something I said?" Rocky asked. Then John flopped down in some nearby dandelions and it sent some of the dandelion seeds into the air. The next morning it gets to Koda. Koda sniffs the dandelion seeds and thinks about it for a moment when he finally realizes that John is alive. Meanwhile in a forest far away from John's original home Rocky and Jason and sing a song called hungry like the wolf.

When a mosquito comes by Jason started to follow it and when Rocky didn't hear him he noticed that Jason wasn't with him. Jason noticed that Rocky didn't follow him. When the mosquito flew away Jason saw me and I started to go after him. "Jason?" Rocky asked. He noticed that something wasn't right. "Jason! Jason! Jason! Jason! Hey, what going on?" Rocky asked. "She's going to eat me!" Jason said. "Huh?" Rocky asked before he saw me running towards them. "Whoa! Jeez, why do I always have to save your--" Rocky said as her tried to push Jason past the root he was caught under. He screamed and John came out of nowhere and started to attack me. "Don't worry, buddy. I'm here for you. Everything's going to be okay." Rocky said. John and I were fighting. "Get her! Bite her head! Go for the jugular! The jugular!" Rocky said as John and I were still fighting. "See, I told you he'd come in handy." Rocky said. I finally pinned him to the ground like I have done when I was a pup and I was growling at him as soon as I got him pinned to the ground.

"Ariel? Is it really you?" John asked. "Who are you?" I asked. "It's me-- John." John said. "John?" I asked. John nodded. "Whoa!" I said. "Aah!" John said. "But how did you--" I said. "How did you--wow!" John said. "Where did you come from?" I asked. "It's great to see you!" John said. "Hey, what's going on here?" Rocky asked. "What are you doing here?" John asked. "What do you mean what I'm doing here? What are you doing here?" I asked. "Hey! What's going on here?!" Rocky said. "Rocky, this is Ariel. She's my best friend." John said. "Friend?" Rocky asked. "Yeah. Hey, Jason, come over here." John said. Jason got free and walked over to us. "Ariel, this is Jason. Jason, Ariel." John said. "Pleased to make your acquaintance." Jason said. "The pleasure's all mine." I said. "How do you do? Whoa, whoa! Time out! Let me get this straight. You know her, she knows you. But she wants to eat him, and everybody's okay with this? Did I miss something?!" Rocky said. "Relax, Rocky." John said. "Wait till everyone finds out you've been here all this time. And your mother-- what will she think?" I said. "She doesn't have to know. Nobody has to know." John said. "Of course they do. Everyone thinks you're dead." I said. "They do?" John asked. "Yeah, Branden told us about the stampede." I said. "He did? What else did he tell you?" John said. "What else matters? You're alive, that means... you're the alpha." I said. "Alpha? Lady, have you got your wolves crossed." Rocky said. "Alpha? Your majesty... I gravel at your feet." Jason said before kissing one of John's front paws. John pulled his paw away. "Stop it." John said. "It's not gravel, it's grovel. And don't! He's not the alpha. Are you?" Rocky asked. "No!" John said. "John." I said. "No, I'm not the alpha. Maybe I was going to be, but that was a long time ago." John said. "Let me get this straight. You're the alpha? And you never told us?" Rocky asked. "Look, I'm still the same guy." John said. "But with power." Rocky said. "Could you guys excuse us for a few minutes?" I asked. "Whatever she has to say... she can say it in front of us, right, John?" Rocky said. "Maybe you better go." John said. "It starts. You think you know a guy." Rocky said before he walked away with Jason. "Rocky and Jason-- you learn to love them." John said before noticing that something was bothering me. "What is it?" John asked. "It's like you're back from the dead. You don't know how much this will mean to everyone... what it means to me." I said.