Hopless Abyss

What must have been weeks passed. Pan's hands had become gentle as he bathed me, changed me, and provided for my every need. I would not eat or drink on my own, but he used his magic to force sustenance into my weakening body. Pan had taken to talking to me, I did not respond and I could hear the hurt in his voice, but my numb brain was incapable of caring. He talked about everything, his childhood, his boys, becoming Pan even. Even from the feeble amount of information I was able to retain I gleaned than Pan was angry with his life, his upbringing, everything and this was his desperate attempt to live the life and regain the control and friendships he never had. Like a ragdoll, I lay there unmoving. Some days he laughed, telling me a funny story about one of the new recruits. Some days he was angry, yelling at me for the nth time that I needed to "wake up because he loved me". Some days were spent with the poor broken man crying at my feet begging me to come back to him, to give him anything at all. In the very back of my mind I chuckled, this man wanted to break me, but now that he had, he realized his mistake. It was quite ironic.
    Today was different, he had dressed me in trousers and and even braided my hair, two luxuries I was not often afforded. When the footsteps returned there was not one set but two that arrived. I immediately recognized the confident overzealous walk as Pan, but the softer, more innocent step was foreign to me. I didn't raise my head to greet the guest, I lay on the bed blank in the same position pan had left me to sleep in this morning. Instead of reaching for me instantly I heard Pan hang back a bit. The gesture confused me but I ignored it, I do not have the mental energy to contemplate his actions, he'd give me an answer soon enough.
    That answer came from him speaking. "Bevin," the name would have made my heart hump if it was still capable, "Lily is here, I know you have been asking about her." I yearned to sit up and greet the young boy but my body was disobedient and I continued to lay there staring blankly at the ceiling.
    After a long moment I heard Pan approach, he sat on the bed bringing me into a sitting position and holding my head up with magic so I looked relatively normal.
    Bevin stood in front of me. The information my unfocused eyes provided was minimal, but he looked healthy. He squatted down in front of me trying to look me in the eyes, but was given no recognition that he even existed. Concern weighed heavily on his vocal chords as he spoke. "Lily," my name was soft on his lips, "please, the boys are worried." I would have scoffed at those words if given the chance. The lost boys worried about me? Ha, that would be quite the feat. The lost boys viewed me as nothing but a toy for Pan to play with when he was bored. "I'm worried." Bevin continued, sounding defeated. I believed him, Bevin had such a kind and warm heart. I wanted to reach out and comfort him.
    Bevin sat on the floor for hours carefully leaning his head against my leg, even after Pan left. I was surprised Pan let him stay, but after listening to him beg me night after night to come back to him I realized just how desperate he was. It was dark outside when Bevin finally got up and left. I almost missed the feeling of his coarse hair against my leg.
    That night Pan fell asleep crying with me in his arms. "Please come back to me my love, I miss you my beautiful Tiger Lily."