*8*

***

TW: Mentions of self-harm.

***

*Liam's POV*

I returned from Malibu with Maya just yesterday, we had gone for a vacation. The news about Harry was viral, and I felt bad for the poor guy.

I came over to Harry's mansion with Maya, to help. I was introduced to a Zayn, who used to be Louis' personal assistant. It was surprising that the enemy's best friend was helping Harry.

I wished I could provide Harry, Niall and Gemma jobs, but my field is completely different- Microbiology.

Zayn requested me to take Harry out, for a walk. He told me that the paps were finally gone, so Harry should finally step out after three weeks. So, I went with Harry for a walk.

I tried making small talk with him, but he didn't really speak. It shocked me to see Harry be like this. He wore a hoodie to cover the bandages and cuts on his arms, and track pants to cover those on his legs.

We were walking when we came across a lady selling matchsticks. She looked poor, with worn-out clothes. She said, "Matchsticks, sirs?" Before I could say anything, Harry said, "Ma'am, we'll take a few." I was surprised that Harry had finally spoken, but didn't say anything.

As I began buying a few matchsticks, Harry walked to behind her stall and stopped there. He bent down there, and I could no longer see him.

I walked over to where he was kneeling down, and saw him facing a small blue-eyed girl. The girl was sitting with a book, holding it upside down. Harry was holding his hand out, talking to her. The girl was shaking his hand and smiling. I had to smile. Despite everything, Harry's kind and selfless nature hadn't faded away.

Harry said, "Li, we should help with her education." I nodded and decided to talk to the lady, her mother, about it. Harry's phone was ringing, and he walked over to a corner to talk. I hoped it was someone who could cheer him up.

I saw a black Bentley car parked at a distance, and someone looking at us through the glass. I turned towards the car and tried looking at who was inside. I saw a pair of black sunglasses, but couldn't make out who it was.

I chose to ignore the car and began talking to the lady.

***

*Louis' POV*

After Zayn left my cabin, ending our friendship, I was completely broken.

I couldn't stay at the office anymore; I was too weak to do anything. I just wanted to go to my house and get drunk. Who cared if it was eleven in the morning? There was no other option. I wouldn't help Harry, even if Zayn wanted me to.

I went to the washroom and tried to look better. I couldn't leave the office looking like a cry baby. I saw my own reflection in the mirror; I indeed looked like a cry baby whose candy had been taken away. (Yeah, I know what I did here) I splashed cold water on my face, even got my messy quiff wet in order to keep it in place. When I decided I looked better, I left the washroom and my cabin, calling my chauffeur to get the car.

He came in a few minutes and I got in as soon as I could. Usually when I was depressed, I had Zayn with me. But now when I'm depressed because of Zayn, I have nobody.

I thought for a while and decided to talk to Lottie. But when I rang her, it went to voicemail. Well, I was indeed alone, but that didn't mean I was going to help that asshole Styles at any cost.

I looked out of the window, to distract myself from myself, when I saw a familiar figure standing behind a matchstick stall across the road.

Harry asshole Styles.