*27*

*Zayn's POV*

"Zayn how do you take such good selfies man?" Niall asked, in awe. "What can I say, the greatness of Zayn Malik." I said, shrugging as he started laughing hysterically.

Me and Niall had had no work the whole day. We were practically idle this afternoon, so we decided to take some selfies and post it on our Instagram.

It initially started with Niall wanting me to take a picture of him eating a chilli. Yes, a chilli.

Then he saw that I take really good pictures (because, well, Zayn Malik is so talented and everyone knows that), he decided we should take selfies and pictures of each other, which was a great idea.

I sent a few pictures of Niall blowing a kiss to Liam, with the caption 'He's so gay for you' Liam responded with one emoji: 🖕🏻 . Niall burst out laughing as he recorded an audio message to send Liam in which he said, "Liam owns my ass."

As we were troubling Liam a bit, we saw Harry rush out of their shared cabin and walk in a hurry downstairs. "Hey, H!" We called but he didn't pay any attention as he hurried away.

With one knowing look at each other, me and Niall rushed in opposite directions; Niall went behind Harry and I went to the cabin to know what was the matter.

I entered the cabin without knocking. I saw Louis sitting at his desk, head buried in his hands. "Louis? What's wrong?" I asked, walking towards him.

Without looking up, he shook his head. "Come on, you have to talk bro. It will bottle up inside. Plus, I saw Harry hurry out of here without even talking to us." He sniffled a bit more but didn't say anything.

I began rubbing his back slowly and after a while he said, "I messed up. I made a mistake. A big mistake." "Why? What did you do?" I asked, slowly.

Louis took a deep breath and finally sat up straight. His eyes were red and he was pale. He said, "I k-kissed H-Harry." This was definitely not what I expected. But, wow.

"That's great, Louis!" I said but he shook his head, "No, it isn't." He said, his voice cracking a bit.

"Why?"

"He didn't l-like that. He l-left. He left m-me." Louis said as fresh tears left his eyes. "No, h-he must have some reason, Louis-" I started but he shook his head, "No, he probably h-hates me now. No, h-he definitely hates m-me now."

"Louis, please. Don't jump to conclusions already." I said as he continued sobbing, "It was a mistake. I just fucked up. I'm so fucked up."

"No, you aren't, Louis just because your step-dad-" I started but he glared at me through his tears and I shut up. "Don't talk about him. I fucking hate him." He muttered.

"Okay, I won't. I'm sorry. Can we about something else, please? I have a question for you." I said. he looked at me and said, "Yeah. Ask." "You love him, don't you?" I asked. "What my step-dad? Didn't just say I hate him?" Louis said, trying to put up a fake smile. "Come on. You know who I mean." I said, crossing my arms on my chest.

"Zayn, come on. You know I d-" Louis started but I glared at him and he sighed and closed his eyes. "Y-Yeah, I think I'm crushing on him." Louis said, as a few tears rolled down his cheeks.

I placed a hand on his shoulder, "It's okay, Louis. You are falling, and I can see it." He didn't say anything but was looking down at a bracelet around his right wrist.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Harry gave me this last month. As a gift. It's a bracelet with half a gree-" Louis' head snapped up suddenly and his tear-filled eyes were as wide as saucers.