Chapter 5

Its first day back after break and Im not looking foward to it. One word. Need a hint? Blonde hair, green eyes, jurek. Its Hunter for you slow ones.

I throw on a pair of ripped dark wash skinny jeans, my northface and my uggs. I decide to straighten my hair and leave it down. I trudge down the stairs and grab a bagel. "Any one home??" I yell and my dad comes walking out of his office.

"Sorry sweetie, my and your mom have an important conference to attend in New York, we will be gone for two weeks, but we have arranged for your mothers friend to check in on you every once in a while" he says sipping his coffee.

"But I dont know her! Why cant i come??" I whine and he puts his hands up motioning me to stop. Which is exactly what I do. "Its final, she will come and you will be polite and sweet. Understood?" He says giving me a parental look. Nice time to chose to be a parent. "Understood" I mumble giving him a loose hug.

I walk to my car in defeat. Is this really safe? I mean some random lady coming to watch me when no ones home but me. What if she is a creep? Or what if she doesnt let me do anything? Ughh.

I walk up the school steps and see Krista and Trista. I know weird that they rhyme. "Hey guys" I mumble and Trista slings her arms around me. "heyy, I heard about your volleyball game" she says and I give her a death stare.

"woah, Im not judging, It was totally BA" she says and I just want to forget about Hunter. This is gonna be harder than I thought. I see him walking up the steps; his bookbag slung over his shoulder and his fighting jacket worn tightly around his shoulders. Don't forget the fact that he looked like he stepped out of the shower. Oh hot damn.

"someone get a bucket shes drooling" Trista remarks and Krista gives her a look making her throw her hands up. I roll my eyes and start walking into school.

*

"Sit down and settle yourselves students" our History teacher yells. In other words: Shut the hell up and sit your ass down.

I slide into my seat alone in the back and start the assignment on the board. Hunter seats himself right next to me but I act unfazed. I sit there with my shaky hand trying to concentrate on The Civil War. I feel him staring at me and suddenly Im called to my teachers desk.

I get up hesitantly and a smirk is plastered on Hunters face. Uh oh. I walk up to his desk and he smiles. Oh good. I thought it was something bad. "Thank you for signing up to tutor" he says. Scratch that. This is bad. I cant tutor. I mean yeah Im really good at History but-. Wait a minute I didnt sign up for this.

I nod at him and walk back to my seat. I put on a fake smile making it look like I wanted to tutor. His smirk drops and he grits his teeth. "Thanks, I really wanted to tutor but I thought the slots were full" I say with pure fakness but suprisngly he doesnt see through it.

He just clenches his fists and I smirk into my book. I can handle a little tutoring if it upsets Hunter. The rest of the class he remains silent and I have a smile the size of Texas on my face.

Its not that bad tutoring. I mean I will get to help people struggling and it boosts my GPA. I walk into the detention room being used for tutoring. I see a few kids already with tutors so I set up in the back and wait for another person.

After about 10 minutes my nightmare walks in. Why God? Hunter casually strolls over to me with a smirk on his lips. "Hey babe" he says still smirking. I seethe with anger but he clearly enjoys it. "Aww you didnt expect to have to tutor me, did you?" he asks and I smile.

"I dont mind one bit" I say and he smiles. "Of coarse you dont" he snorts.

"Thomas Paine wriote which of the following passages?" I ask and he continues to look out the window. "Hunter" I yell and his green eyes lock with mine. "Pay attention" I say averting my eyes from his. "Why wont you look me in the eye" he asks and I expect him to have a smirk but his face is serious.

"Just answer the question" I say pointing back to the book and he sighs. "Why do you care what I did with that girl?" he asks looking at me again. "I dont" I say pretending to re-read something. "Thats bull" he says getting angry.

"Why wont you look at me?" He asks again and I slam the book. "Maybe cause Im sick of falling for people who dont give a flying fuck about me" I scream and look around the room. Everyone is gone and its just me and him.

"You dont know that I didnt care" He yells back and I roll my eyes. "If you cared you wouldnt have used me like that" I scream already getting above angry. "Thats all you do, and I swore to myself I wouldnt be that girl crying to herself in her room over you, This is me keeping that promise" I yell and he is seething. "Your such a little bitch" he says through gritted teeth.

"Guilty as charge" I yell slamming the door on my way out of the room. I sprint down the hallway breathing heavely. Im certainly on his hit list.

Any one wanna make me a banner???