Chapter One - Part Two

Point of View: Julianna

-

"I... I... Oh my god! Jimmy! Come quick! Call an ambulance." I shouted frantically. It was a clear blue morning, quite typical for Charleston. We hardly ever saw a cloud here, especially not during Summer. Somehow, though, the river behind our yard still managed to flow all four seasons. The water was always clear blue and it was always two metres deep. It had a spring just around the corner so we presumed it was safe enough to drink and wash our clothes in.

"What?" Jimmy called out, from somewhere inside the two bedroom house. "Call an ambulance!!!" I screamed. Within seconds he was at the back door standing on the porch looking at me with a questionable expression. "Why?" He asked, and I pointed towards the muddy plants on the other side. There was something bobbing in the water, snagged on a low branch, and it looked human.

His mouth drooped into an 'O' shape and instantly I saw the panic in his eyes. He stood there limply. "Call an ambulance!" I screamed again, this time in his ear. His shaking fingers reached the dials of the cordless phone. He punched in a series of numbers and pressed the phone to his ear. I walked to the edge of the yard to get a better look. Still the object was too far away to identify.

--

Sorry this is really short (remember it's a continuation from chapter one part one.. that's why it's in parts)