Not an update but a SHORT

I wanted to upload this because it's been sitting in my drafts for a while. It's not an update to this story, but a random short. Wrote it a little over a year ago at the start of the pandemic after I started getting back into a lot of my hobbies. Got back on this app after a long time and saw it there still so I thought I would post.

Don't know if anyone still reads aubrih stories but, enjoy.....
___________________________________
Robyn turned around mid-sigh, the sound of her purse hitting the floor echoed as Aubrey made his way towards her. They hadn't seen each other in months, not since their last encounter on new years day and since then any communication between the two had been non-stop arguing.

"Aubrey" She stood, her hands on her hips. As much as she hated putting her pride aside and admitting to her mistakes, she realized that at some point she had to. She had tried everything she could imagine, all the games they were used to; from ignoring him to stepping out with other guys to make him jealous. By now he should've gave in and they should've made up, just like they always do; but not only was he not budging, he had other women that he was entertaining and every bit of that scared her.

"Aubrey" She called out again as he passed her, his face sunken. His body language read as if he would rather not even speak on what they were about to speak on. But he stopped once he reached the marble island and slowly leaned against it.

"If we're just gonna argue then say what it is that you need to say" He was blunt

But could she blame him? The last time they spoke she had cussed him out, down to every last curse word she knew, then hung up on him before he had a chance to say anything back. That was a few weeks ago and she hadn't heard from him since. It was his turn to ignore her. Earlier in the day, after she couldn't take his silent treatment anymore she dialed and within a few hours she was in the back of his Maybach driving through the hills and to his mansion.

"I don't wanna argue. I wanna talk to you" she said and he shrugged his shoulders

"About the same shit?" He chuckled. Aubrey was fed up and she could tell by his demeaner.

Robyn eyed him as her tongue swirled on the inside of her cheek. The words were at the edge of her lips but his attitude was making it harder for her to push her ego to the side and say it.

But if she didn't give in, then who's to say that he would. Judging by his behavior in the last few months, it would have to be her.

She let a few minutes go by; with him moving around the room, putting things into place, in and out of the common area where there were piles and piles of merch spread out across the floor.

"I'm sorry" She muttered finally, catching him as he was about to make his second trip around the corner with some custom hoodies.

"I'm sorry for what I said on that call. I was wrong and I never should've went there".

He froze in place and panned his head towards her, a small look of sympathy inching onto his face. A part of him was taken aback.

Robyn? apologizing? was she ok?

It was quiet.

"Um, you good?" He let out a small laugh breaking the silence and causing her to giggle slightly too.

"It's not funny. I'm really serious, I'm sorry" She was. They were older now, too old to be acting like teenagers when it came to love. All of her friends were settled down with either boyfriends of their own or husbands, even children. And here she was, a decade in, playing silly games with the guy she knew in her heart she was destined to be with. She loved that man.