Chapter 5

"NEW YOORRRKKK!!"  She pulled the mic away from her mouth and smiled at the crowd

"I want you to make some MOTHERUCKING NOISE IF YOU HAVING A GOOD TIME TONIGHT!"

The arena got so loud, Robyn couldn't believe it. It was hard for her to take in how successful she's gotten sometimes. The mist around the stage started to blow, fogging her vision. The atmosphere was live. A SOLD OUT show at Madison Square Garden. Unbelievable right. A little over fifteen thousand people packed in here just to see her.

"Now I know you guys know this next joint. Its been number one since we dropped it. I want y'all to sing this shit with me lets go"

She took a sip of her bottled water and the music to what's my name started to play. She couldn't help but think about Aubrey. She didn't want to be mad or shut him out just yet, but she still wondered why he'd forget about their meet up today. Her dancers were now all lined up on both of her sides and as soon as the beat dropped they started the choreography.

"Oh nana!" She held the mic out to the crowd and they shouted WHATS MY NAME

"Oh nana!" WHATS MY NAME

"Oh nana! Whats my name, Whats my name, Whats my name-"

"I heard you good with them soft lips, yeah you know word of mouth, the square root of sixty nine is eight something right?"

Robyn looked around for the voice that was projecting through the speakers as the crowd got even louder. She was sifting through the heavy smoke trying to see where the voice was coming from.

"Cause I've been tryna work it out uhh"

A wide smile formed across her face once she saw a figure emerge from behind her drummers.

It was Aubrey.

Their eyes connected and like always with them they started to laugh.

Robyn continued her dance as Aubrey crept closer to her singing his verse. Once he was close enough he pulled Robyn in for a hug.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep and I swear to you I wrote a text I don't know what happened" He said sympathetically to her as the crowed watched on and the backing track took over for Robyn's parts.

"Who let you on my stage?" Robyn asked while doing her choreography around him.

He smiled "What? you not happy to see me!"

Robyn laughed

"Not every bodyy, knows how to work my body knows how to make me want it boy, you stay up on it"

She walked towards Aubrey who was backing up . Once she reached him she punched his chest while continuing her verse.

"Don't think i'm not still angry with you"

"What I do" He whined joining eyes with hers.

"We talk later" She said going back to performing

"Hey boy I really wanna see if you can go downtown with a girl like me!.."

He grinned slightly and backed away until he was off the stage.

"You so amazing you took the time to figure me out!" She sang looking down to see the front row of people shouting her name.
___________________
"THANK YOU NEW YORK! I LOVE YOUUU!!"

She waved to the crowd one last time before disappearing under the stage.

"That was great girl!" The stage manager said holding her hand and guiding her in the dark.