Chapter 4

In honor of the MAJOR Aubrih Week we've had here's a chapter!
_____________________________________________________________

Robyn strolled down the streets of Manhattan, fresh out of her morning photo shoot with the paparazzi hot on her tail. She lagged behind with her assistant Jen while security led the way to her car which seemed so far around the corner. After stepping into the black Cadillac Robyn let out a long sigh of relief and slumped down into the seat.

"What time is it?" She asked, shielding her eyes from the cameras pressed against the window

"2:30" Her assistant answered

That meant she had three hours of down time before meeting up with Aubrey. She hadn't heard from him the entire morning but knew deep down he wouldn't leave her hanging so she didn't really worry too much. A mix of emotions and excitement overwhelmed her on the inside knowing that in a few hours she would be face to face again with her close friend.

"You ok?" Robyn looked up to a concerned Jen .

"What?" She asked confused. She snapped out of her thoughts and looked down to see that her hand was trembling uncontrollably. She couldn't remember the last time she was this nervous for something. Maybe if she stopped creating so many frickin scenarios in her mind she'd stop feeling so anxious she thought.

"Oh um. Yeah i'm fine. Just anxious" She said shyly, sinking back into her thoughts before Jennifer could say another word.

The car pulled up to her hotel and the driver went around to the other side. Robyn quickly gathered her stuff and got out the car before too many paparazzi showed up.

They enter the elevator.

At this point her head is in pain. Probably from all that imagining shes been doing the whole day.

"Jen when we get upstairs you mind fixing me an aspirin or something for this headache" She asked

"Yeah of course. And i need you to relax, i know you're stressed out from everything today but remember you got a show later on. I'm sure he'll call you"

They get into the hotel room and Jen gets her a glass of water, extra pillows and an aspirin.

"Thanks" Robyn says popping the pill into her mouth. 20 minutes later she was out cold

Across the city in an underground basement studio Aubrey was running on 3 hours of sleep after staying up all night working on his upcoming album. He had meant to call Robyn to let her know the plan but once Aubrey gets inspired, there's no distracting him. 

He glanced at the time on his gold Rolex.  It would be another hour or two before he would be able to wrap up in the studio. He should probably just send her a quick text so she doesn't think he stood her up or something.

"Hey pass me my phone" he spoke taking off the headphones and standing up from the soundboard

He made his way to the couch that was pushed up against the wall and sat down, scrolling through their last messages.

- hey i promise I didn't forget about u 😞. been working hard in the studio since I got in last nite. I'll definitely be at the show 2nite tho. I can't wait to see y-

"Who's that" He jumped slightly, dropping his phone.

He looked up to the female voice that was coming from over his shoulder.

"Who you excited to see"

It was Tamara. A short brown skin girl he met last year and brought around every time he felt lonely. Which seemed to be often these days.