𝓌𝒽𝒾𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓈𝒽 IV

note: sorry this chapters short, im having to deal with a lot of math and am trying to switch my schedule around so i wont have so much to do and i had a bit of a block during this chapter.

You open your eyes to see a dim lit room, you sat up wincing as you pushed back to the wall; the room had candles in the corner of each wall. You were in a bed sitting in the middle of the room that had no more than a window. The room was cement four walls, a roof and floor with cracks along each of them stains scattered over the floor there was a more prominent orange ish red spot on the floor a few feet away. A door was opposite of you. It looked heavy and was made of metal, you wanted to get up but was stopped by a shackle on your arm. You lifted your right hand examining the metal that was wearing into your skin, irritating it.

The heavy ,metal door scraped open along the concrete floor following the scuff marks already on the floor. The sound was horrendous and was so loud you grabbed at your ears covering them shielding it from the sound. Men had come through lined u[p on the wall light had come through the open door as well as an older taller woman she lifted her hand to tell the soldiers to unrestrain you the two that walked up to you had heavy vests on and guns on their side ready for whatever was to come all of them did some had bigger ones that sat over their shoulder with a nylon strap. The two men stayed at your side heads up like robots ;their movements were precise and clean with no room for error. The woman looked at me straight on ,her eyes said it all she was not impressed to say the least. She spoke finally, her voice was deep and coarse as if she had just been yelling, " jenkins hue, take her down to the meeting room" her lean body turned around sharply on her heels and left the other men followed her.

Jenkins and hue pulled you up by your arms pushing you to walk faster than you could. Their response to that was to kick you forward, after stumbling and almost falling you got your balance with their hands digging into your arms. The hall seemed longer then it was but when they stopped outside of a door knocking first before someone on the inside opening it for them they pulled you along pulling out a seat for you at the end of the table with many other people you only knew pieck and reiner those were the only familiar faces and reiner was annoyed at you for the mistake pieck had made.

" now that you're here," another older man said as he looked at you.

" Pieck what happened and why didn't you kill this devil, '' he said as if you were a disgusting creature.

Pieck looked at you and back at the older man

" I'm sorry i was getting reiner out and i picked up y/n as well. They showed good promise and were higher up then reiner so i thought we could use that information to our advantage" she said as she looked back to you her eyes filled with guilt you could tell she was giving the people what they wanted to hear. You sat back in your cahir slumping back to seem unnoticed. You wanted to go back but that wouldn't happen The next best thing would be death. Pieck wanted to help in any way she could, the man spoke over her before she could get another word out

" why would i need them, someone please explain before i kill them" he started yelling and visibly getting frustrated. The woman beside him spoke putting her hand on his arm

" no no we could use her if she cooperates " the woman said

The man started yelling but was stopped by her as she kicked his shin giving him a scowl. she then got up pushing her chair back scraping across the floor she walked to you passing by Pieck Reiner and a skinny guy who was writing everything they said down she stopped at you and leant over to look at you

" Tell me y/n was it? " she asked but wouldn't let you speak

" why do you want to go back to your friends that left you? They aren't coming back for you ,so wouldn't you be better off helping the people who can save you from them" she smiled deviously tracing her nails over your face scattered in purple bruises, she stood up clapping her hands making you jump after. She looked back over to you

" Are you going to answer me ?" she asked. You looked over to Pieck for reassurance to which Pieck nodded slightly " yes, if you need me i'll help in any way i can" you said pausing before saying it. The woman looked pleased and walked back to her chair dramatically throwing her leg over another. You sat back in your seat not wanting to be here anymore there were so many people looking at you expecting you to either help them or die, if those were your only options you'd help them you weren't even important enough to come back for apparently so why hold anything back.

Pieck got up and yawned, stretching her arms up as she spoke

" Well if this is all over i can take them back to watch over until you are ready to question them with the council."

she said pulling her hair out of her face as she looked over to you and back at the woman who just talked to you, the woman in question nodded " just make sure you don't let her out of your sight and i'll get someone to bring you both down later." both you and pieck nodded and she walked over to you grabbing at your hand and leading you out, she looked back at reiner before walking out and closing the door behind herself. You were still holding her hand. It was warm and nice to be able to hold something that wasn't trying to harm you.

You followed Pieck as she walked ahead of you, people looking at you as they passed by their judgmental stares creeping up on you. You kept your head down and hid up behind pieck hoping that this was all a dream, Pieck pulled you out of your thoughts by pulling you into her room it was small but that meant cozy she had blankets everywhere too many to count. You sat down on the bed after she let go and offered for you to do so, she sat down with you taking one of her many blankets and threw it around herself.

"Sorry i really didn't mean to pull you into all of this, how's your face it's looking better at least" pieck asked you looking at your face closer. You backed up a bit, almost falling off the edge Pieck stifled a laugh before making sure you weren't actually going to fall off. You felt heat rising to your face and turned away passively aggressively putting your hand out for Pieck to grab to which she helped you sit back up.

" mhm sure you're worried about me now after you just let me almost fall off"

you said jokingly while trying to not laugh keeping your mouth shut but not too soon later both of you were laughing at it. There was a pause in your laughter to just look at Pieck who was sitting there in front of you somehow in this big mess making you laugh like you did.

Pieck smiled and gave you a pat on the leg that made you feel something you wanted to deny to repress but she went on acting as if it never happened but it was playing back in your mind over and over again, soon enough you were engrossed in a new conversation. She had started to talk about the titans and how she was best friends with Annie growing up or as close as you could get to Annie. You were leaning over fidgeting with piecks edge of her blanket that was surprisingly really warm.

The window was slightly ajar creating a draft that had you get chills running down your back, Pieck shared her blanket with you wrapping it around you before getting up to close the window, she put on a sweater herself while continuing to talk about god knows what she was saying at this point but it was interesting nonetheless because it was her talking. She sat back down with you and looked to the door before hearing the footsteps. She ripped off the blanket and put it by herself. She distanced herself from you and closed off her body language. You knew it was necessary for Pieck but you felt disregarded? Jealous? You were too busy in your own head when the door swung open and soldiers were waiting for you. You looked back to Pieck before seeing the quadrant of soldiers.