[09]

***

***

"This is mad. At this rate, we'll be the only ones in our year without dates," Ron whined as he glared across the Great hall. He was eyeing all the students studying in silence. One of the Hogwarts professors, Severus Snape, shoved Ron's head down once he caught him talking.

Ron leaned towards Harry's ear and chuckled before saying, "well . . . . us and Neville."

Harry snickered. "Yeah, but then again, he can take himself."

"It might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone," Hermione informed, and Ron groaned.

"Now I'm really depressed."

I shook my head at the three fourteen-year-olds. Fred then scribbled something on a piece of parchment and threw it over to Ron.

Ron read it aloud quietly. "Get a move on, or all the good ones will have gone."

Ron handed Fred his paper, and George looked up from his studying to smirk at his youngest brother.

"Who you going with then?" Ron hissed.

Fred crumbled up the parchment into a ball and sent Ron one last menacing look before hitting Angelina on the shoulder. "Oi, Angelina?"

"What?" she mouthed.

"Do you . . . . wanna go . . . . to the ball . . . . with me?" Fred asked, swaying his hips as he mouthed along.

"To the ball? Yeah, all right, then," Angelina swooned before returning to her friend.

Fred winked at his brother as George, and I chuckled. I began working on my assignment for musical journaling class, which grabbed George's attention. The project was to make a simple poem about the current tournament.

"What'cha writing?" He asked in a low whisper, reading the poem over my shoulder.

"A poem for musical journaling," I replied.

"For what?"

I glanced at him and grinned. "Musical journaling."

"Repeating the name won't help my confusion."

"It is a class where you write different pieces of literature relating to music and singing. Do you not have a journaling class here?" my blonde eyebrows knitted together. How could a school not teach its students to write? It was a basic necessity.

"We have a history of magic if that's what you're thinking," he said.

"How are the histories of magic related to journaling?"

"They're both boring."

I tilted my head and laughed again.

"Who teaches you how to write then?" I questioned and pointed to his curvy handwriting on his astronomy homework.