3. MOVING ON

PRIYA'S POV

It's been a week since I decided to move on after my breakup with Rudra. It has been difficult but not as much as I thought it would be. So.....here I am watching funny reels on Instagram. I came across a few of them recorded while playing some game. That piqued my interest and I couldn't stop myself from viewing that video. There were many....and after viewing it till one complete game, I came to know that it wasn't some random game. It's called PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS....which was so famous, it attracted millions of children worldwide. It's known as 'PUBG' for short. 'I thought, it was banned in India along with many other Chinese apps.' I frowned. Yes. It was banned on account of our Prime Minister's mission, "aatmanirbgar Bharat" or "self-reliant India". I confirmed from google. Viewing the list of all the banned apps and their number of downloads worldwide, I again came across pubg but this time, what caught my attention was its number of downloads. It had surpassed one damn billion accumulated downloads outside China, making it one of the most successful games across the globe. 'PUBG Mobile', the mobile version of Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, in which players fight with one another, has been a hugely popular mobile game among youngsters. This battle royale style game was launched three years ago. Released in 2018, PUBG Mobile has been the most popular games in the world. Not only this year, the royale game in 2019 also managed to become the highest-grossing mobile game globally.

'What's so special about this game?' I thought and finally decided to go through it's information from Google.

'Apart from the one billion download announcement, Tencent also announced a partnership with Godzilla vs. Kong. As per the new announcement, PUBG Mobile players will soon be able to take part in the in-game event created on the theme of the upcoming movie. The in-game event includes a game mode along with theme content'. It said.

'Should I also try this game once?' I mentally debated. I mean, I'm sure, I won't get this game on play store anymore but we always have the other way when it comes to technology and moreover, it's just a game. If I don't get adapted to it, I'm going to uninstall it right away. A little try won't harm, right? And just like that, my curiosity got the best of me and I immediately went for a search to get this game available. I was hell excited to explore its features and speciality that got more than a billion people to get head over heels for it.