Chapter 1

A/N: The Prologue and Chapter 2 are private chapters! You must be following me in order to read those and any other chapters that are automatically set on private, given the mature content.

Please do enjoy Book 3 of The Billionaires' Series.

• • • • •

New York was no place for such a small person, and Serena Colt knew that better than anyone else.

But there she was, fresh out of grad school. She was offered a job from a name she knew well and a face she saw in the back of her mind everyday for eight years.

It was a good opportunity to start her life, and she simply didn't want to pass up a good opportunity no matter how much she dreaded seeing the man who offered her a high paying job.

"Just set the couch in here," Tristan said as he and Kyle walked into the living room. "Looks good, Rena. Now tell me again how you're going to afford this place."

"With the paychecks you'll be signing to me," she said, smirking.

"Actually, since you're working for Theo, he'll be signing your paychecks. But don't hesitate to ask if you need a little bit of cash." Tristan shrugged when Serena threw him a glare. "Don't look at me like that, Rena. I've known your brother since college and he wouldn't hesitate to help me out. I owe you both."

"I won't ask for anything, Tristan."

"You will," he said. "And when you do, I'll be right here."

"Look at this place!" Olivia exclaimed, emerging from one of the rooms. "It's absolutely perfect, Serena. A great skylight to see the stars in the bedroom, too. Can you imagine just stargazing after hot sex?"

"Her brother is right here," Kyle said, grimacing.

"I totally meant that for me and Tristan," she said to Kyle. "We should install a skylight above our bed."

Tristan pulled his wife into his arms and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "You want that, belle?"

Olivia seemed to consider it for a moment then shook her head. "I want a mirror."

"Gross," Serena said, covering her mouth with her hand to conceal a smirk. She had to admit her friends' kinks made her stomach clench graciously because she could picture a mirror right above her bed, too. But she would never admit that. "Before you two attack each other in my new apartment, you better get out of here. I have a lot of unpacking to do."

"We can help," Olivia offered.

"No, thanks. I've got it." Serena grinned when she caught sight of Tristan's impatience. "Your husband looks like he'll squirt his pants if you don't get out of here soon. I'll catch up with you two later at dinner."

"Come on," Kyle said, showing the couple out. He returned to his younger sister and gave her a small smile. "I'm proud of you, Rena. This place suits you."

"You think? It's not too big for me, considering?"

He frowned. "Considering what?"

"Me."

"You're gonna be amazing out here with all of us, Rena. Mom and Dad are proud, too. They're back home bragging about how wonderful you are."

Serena seemed to relax until she remembered the job she would he starting tomorrow. "Have you spoken to Theodore?"

"It's been five years since I've seen him. Why all the nerves now?"

"Last time I saw him was eight years ago. He's always been really unexpected, so I don't know what to expect tomorrow."