CHAPTER-1

𝙔/𝙣'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫:

A perfect life with a perfect husband. That's how my life was until I got to know about my imperfect body.

I never thought a single imperfection in me would change my entire life. Including my perfect husband, Park Jimin.

We were literally inseparable since college. Our friendship has turned into love and one fine day he proposed. Everything was like a dream come true. Every second with him felt magical.

I never get bored of praising and bragging about him to my friends. He was the best.

He is still the best. But I was not up to his expectations. I would have worked on myself if I could change. But it's not something I could do by myself.

It's been 2 years since our marriage and I couldn't fall pregnant. I know how much Jimin loves kids and how much he adores pregnant women.

I have got an appointment with the gynaecologist for the checkups. It was just a single test for a man to know whether he is fit to give a child or not. But for women, the list is uncountable.

Jimin's test results came out to be good. He was perfectly good. There is no doubt about it.

So they went on with checking my uterus in ultrasound. It was good too. My uterus was good. Then they took some blood samples to check for hormonal imbalance, sugar, diabetes and so on... Everything turns out to be good.

If the uterus isn't at fault, let us check the fallopian tubes they said. They literally laid me on a hard desk with an x-ray machine hanging on top of me. The doctor who stood in between my legs injected some sort of substance into my uterus that could be visible on the x-ray. If the substance successfully reached your ovaries on both sides, it means your tubes are fine as well.

You know what. My tubes were fine. So the uterus was checked, blood samples checked and fallopian tubes were also checked.

That means I am good to carry a child. The doctor advised us to just go with the flow, and I will get pregnant eventually. But that never happened for another year.

So we visited the doctor once again. She said there was no problem as far as she knew from the reports. But still, to make sure, we went for a laparoscopy. Where they will put two tiny holes in your body and send a camera to check the uterus and other organs.

And my uterus looked perfectly alright. She recommended a few more tests and they all turned out to be good.

Doctor asked us to try for a few more months but Jimin was already losing his patience. So she suggested IUI. Where healthy sperms are injected into the uterus during the female ovulation period.

And Jimin was fast enough to agree to it. I felt like there was no other way too. So we made an appointment to perform IUI and waited for my most ovulated day.

Everything was going as usual until my friend Lena decided to visit me.

I was really happy to see her at my doorstep. We were best friends in high school but later she went abroad for higher studies. But still, we kept in contact and shared about the happenings in our lives.

When she said she is going to visit Korea, I was fast enough to welcome her to my home to stay and that was the greatest mistake of my life.

We spent the day chatting with each other. It was good to catch up face to face after a long time.

On Jimin's return from the office, I introduced her to Jimin and they kind of got along, making me happy.

When Jimin was getting freshened up, I decided to cook dinner for us with the help of Lena.