CHAPTER-2

Y/n's pov:

Jimin and Lena were so happy after my acceptance of surrogacy. But I couldn't reciprocate their happiness back. I felt like something was about to happen that will change my life upside down. 

I tried to push back the feeling, but the uneasiness stayed within me. They started continuing their dinner while I lost my appetite. 

I took my dishes off to the kitchen and washed them. Jimin later finished eating and entered the kitchen. He placed his plates on the sink and washed his hands. And I started washing his dishes too. 

I felt him back hugging me and I enjoyed his warmth. 

"Thank you for accepting, love. Please don't feel insecure. It's for our baby. For our happiness" He said, trying to ease me into it. 

I smiled at him and nodded my head. He pecked my forehead and asked, "Shall we start searching for a surrogate then?"

I bit onto my lips and looked at his eyes, which was waiting for my approval. If this is how I could give him happiness then why not, I thought and nodded my head once again. 

He smiled at me and pecked my lips. He once again inched forward to claim my lips and that's when we heard Lena saying, "Don't stress yourself guys. I got your back"

We both turned towards her confused about what she meant. She understood our confused face and explained, "There's no need for you guys to search for a surrogate. I would gladly help y/n to carry her child. She is my best friend after all"

I don't know why but I didn't like it. I was fast enough to disagree with her by saying, "No Lena. You don't have to do this. We will search for a surrogate through our doctor"

She rolled her eyes at me and said, "So you're telling me that you will believe a stranger in carrying your baby for 10 months?. And we will not even know what kind of mental state she is in to agree to become the surrogate."

I sighed at her response and said, "That is how surrogacy works and doctors will know about the surrogates medical history. So it won't be a problem"

But she was adamant about being a surrogate. She tried persuading us into it. Especially Jimin. 

"But still you can't have the surrogate mother to stay with you to see all the little progress your baby is making. If it's me, I will be here so you can know how your little bundle of joy is doing every single second. What do you say Jimin?" She asked looking at Jimin. 

I knew Jimin liked the idea of having the surrogate staying with us by the look on his face. 

He wouldn't miss out on his baby even when it's in the womb. I was sure he will agree to her so I meddled in between and shouted, "Can you stop taking the question to him every single time you don't get the answer you desire from me"

But she simply shrugged and said, "Why not. You know he will agree to what I am suggesting. Because that is what brings him happiness. Why are you so much against his happiness"

I don't like the way she gets involved in my private life. I lost all my patience and said, "I am not against his happiness. A child is what I want too. But the thing that makes me uneasy is your involvement in this. Why are you being so nosy into our private life and what makes you want to be the surrogate? Don't you have your own life to live?"

She looked hurt by my reply. But why should I care now? She didn't care about my feelings since the beginning of this talk. 

Lena scoffed at my question and said, 
"Woww. So you don't trust me. I have been your friend since high school Y/n. I know how much you want to be a mother and how much you want to give a child to Jimin. I just wanted to help you with it. I can't believe you will turn against me for this"