Part 5

Part 5

Zubiya was admitted in the hospital and she was actually getting the lavish treatment. For the first time in a year zubiya felt that she was important.

"Kaisi ho Zubiya?" Gaiti greeted her as she came with a bouquet of lilies, and what was more beautiful was little saim who tagged along with his mother.

"Hello zubiya aunty," his sweet voice echoed in the room and a smile emerged on zubiya's lips.

"Hello saim," the smile formed on zubiya's lips reached her eyes. Somewhere she loved this little guy a lot. He reminded her of her nephew Arham.

"Yeh aapke liye, siam gave zubiya a little teddy, a white rose and two chocolates to zubiya." There was still a drip in zubiya's hands so siam like a cute little gentleman came and gave her those.

"Awe thank you baby.. par yeh chocolate aap rakh lijiye." She gave one to him.

"Are nahi zubiya ise mat do, asfi se kehke isme pehle hi kafi saari leli hai. These are for you from his secret stash." Gaiti didn't zubiya gave him the one.

The revelation and words made zubiya's cheek warm.

Dr. Asfandyar, the chengez Khan and the infamous Hitler had given his nephew the chocolates for her. That was something he never imagined.

She was already feeling dreaded when she came to knew that it was Dr. Asfandyar who had admitted her and his name was written in the guardian's place and now this, she was shocked and kind of scared.

Does he know who is she?

Her insecurities were big and doesn't let her think otherwise.

She knew that Asfandyar would visit her atleast two times a day, he would ask for her reports but she would pretend to sleep most of the time now. She didn't have the energy to face him and to face the accusations.

Gaiti saw that zubiya was engrossed in her own thoughts, so she snapped her fingers infront of her.

"Kahan kho gayi ho zubiya?"

"Kahin nahi," zubiya replied as she smiled weakly.

"Acha," gaiti smiled.

"Yeh lo, mama ne ghar se khana bheja hai tumhare liye. Mujhe pata hai that you miss home made food. Isliye mein le aayi hun. Aur haan bas ek baar theek ho jao phir ghar aana hai meri jaan." Gaiti was much more like a sister for zubiya.

Gaiti had Apologized from zubiya for not telling her that she was Asfandyar's sister in law and zubiya too apologized for behaving rashly.

But home was something that zubiya doesn't want to visit again.

Not again, she cannot give Asfandyar a chance to see her as a low character, not when she already had so much to defend.

Zubiya didn't reply for gaiti's words but simply thanked her.

"Iski zaroorat nahi thi gaiti. I am fine now, kal toh mujhe discharge bhi kardenge." She excused herself.

"Are kaise zaroorat nahi thi, kitna tez bukhar tha zubiya, your vitals were low. Now you need nutricious food to recuperate. Ab mein apni dost ke liye itna toh kar sakti hun na. Aur jo bhi khane ka man ho mujhe batana okay."

Zubiya nodded, feeling her heart heavy with the love.

She couldn't thank Allah enough for getting her meet Gaiti and Asfandyar too.

If it wasn't for Asfandyar she would have been exploited and would have probably did the worst.

And Gaiti brought a new sunshine in her life. She loved spending her time with her. She felt like she was having someone to share her thoughts. Not that she would ever tell gaiti about her shamed life.

She just couldn't loose Gaiti, she was precious for zubiya now. She would hide her life secrets until she could.

*******

It was dinner time and zubiya was having her dinner, the one that Gaiti had brought. After gaiti had left, khajista had visited her and zubiya was too worried for her, what if Bahadur came to know about her visit?

But khajista was a darling, her innocence and her love and respect for zubiya made zubiya know that she was surrounded by good people.

Zubiya baji, Bahadur sheher gaya hai aur mein rustum lala ke saath aagayi, Amma ki dawai khatam thi wo lene ke bahane. Aap fikar mat karen. Aur agar wo hota bhi tab bhi main aati, aapne hi toh kaha tha aap meri badi behen jaisi hain aur meri badi behen ke liye mein fikarmand thi.

Zubiya has just spooned some rice when the door of her room opened and there came Dr. Asfandyar in his glory, having ruffled sleeves and tried eyes.

Zubiya was stupefied for sometime and her trance was broken by Asfandyar.

"Kaisi hain aap ab Dr. Zubiya?" His words calm and unemotional like him but zubiya couldn't catch the slight happiness in his eyes as he saw her awake for a change in front of his eyes.

Zubiya placed the plate on the side and responded to his query.

"I am fine sir.." her formal tone and sir made him look at her reports.

"Kal aap discharge ho jayengi Dr. Zubiya and you have to continue taking these multivitamins and get some tests done after a month. Your vitals were low Dr. Zubiya. Aap aapna dhyan nahi rakhengi toh patient's ka kya hoga."

His words made her realise that she must have been hallucinating.

Was he actually concerned about her?

Here she was expecting some rude remarks from him but he was actually telling her what she should do next.

His professional tone and his scrutinizing eyes were enough for her to nod her head like dumb.

"Words Dr. Zubiya.. " Asfand found himself pestering her to speak.

Oh how he liked that zubiya who had shouted on the husband of the patient. This meek deer like zubiya was someone he couldn't recognise.

"I am sorry sir.." she repeated again.

"If you feel uncomfortable, if you are not well you should tell someone zubiya, aap mujhe bata sakti hain, Dr. Shehroz, Dr. Aasifa.. kisi bhi ko bhi bata sakti hain aap. Next time please take care."

Asfandyar left her, both of them didn't realise that he called her zubiya instead of Dr. Zubiya.

******

Hello everyone

I am happy today, I never thought you people would be waiting for Aitbaar, so double updates.

I will try to update regularly.. it's just I had a rough phase of life recently.

Do tell me how are you liking the progress..

Is it readable?

Much love ❤️❤️❤️