part 1

"Shayad wo koi aazmaish hi thi jise wo ALLAH ka hukum samajkar bakhoobi nibha raha tha".

Asfandyar looked at Dr. Zubiya, she may be inexperienced in handling the emergencies but he was sure that she was excellent when it comes to treating the little patients. The patients who were much more like her in their nature.

One of the junior doctor had asked doctor zubiya that one of the children admitted was denying to have his medicines. Dr. Zubiya came and smiled at the little guy.

"Acha", she replied with a small smile playing on her lips. She corrected her red dupatta that has fallen a little from her forehead letting few locks of her hair   visible.

She settled beside the little boy and asked him.

Asfandyar was curious, his eyes were focussed on her. It was not the first time that he had been affected by someone's presence but it was new to him. He had seen Dr. Zubiya commit mistakes but he has also seen her correct them.

She was always reserved in her self. He had hardly seen her mingling unnecessary with the staff unless it was working hours.

Asfandyar's gaze was fixed, even though if someone would see him they will get confused if he was looking at the patient or the doctor treating them.

His turbulent self was waiting for her to show him something that he could use to criticize her. Maybe not in front of her but he was sure getting affected by the petite lady with doe shaped eyes. He had a difficult time now in opening the doors of his life.

Some doors that he had closed permanently for sometime now.

His trance was broken by the voice that was right now making him vulnerable in his own eyes.

"Acha toh aap kyun nahi kha rahe hain medicine, theek nahi hona hai aapko.." the boy was hardly six or seven. She asked him faking slight anger in her voice but her smile gave it away. She looked at the food that was placed for him. Apparently the nurse was also not able to feed this little patient.

"Are aapne toh abhi tak khana bhi nahi khaya," Dr. Zubiya exclaimed. "Chaliye mein aapko khila deti hun. Mere haath se toh khayenge na? Her words were having a positive response from the boy.

"Khelne jana hai.." finally the boy said and zubiya stretched her hand for the plate. The nurse handed her the plate and zubiya placed the boy in her lap.

"Acha, kya khelte hain aap..aur aapka naam kya hai ?" she asked as she spooned some porridge and fed him.

"Hamza.." the boy replied. "Mujhe ball se khelna hai.." the boy said..

"Bada pyara naam hai aapka toh Hamza.. chaliye ab aap jaldi se khana khatam kijiye phir medicines lenge tabhi toh jaldi se theek honge. Phir aap khel sakte hain.." zubiya replied and after feeding the child.

And it took her few minutes to feed him medicines after that.

Asfandyar didn't knew why but this was something that had attracted him towards the girl named zubiya.

He sighed and left the pediatrics ward.

**

It's been few months that zubiya had joined the hospital and the peace that she felt there wasn't something she had experienced for a long time.

She was sitting in the same garden where she had met gaiti for the first time. Even though the second time proved to be a disaster but she was made assure that it was nothing.

Gaiti was the friend that she couldn't have imagined that she would get. She was becoming more close to gaiti as the time was passing. Zubiya has started feeling light nowadays, the baggage of her past was something that she was constantly reminded at night but even with those nightmares she was having a relief that no one in the Neelum Valley knew her or her past.

Zubiya felt the cold wind that was making her shiver but it was also enveloping her tears that she would shed without anyone knowing. The tears which are confined to her own self.

"Ammi aapki is bhanji ki kartooten pura khandaan jaanta hain.."

"Bahir ke mardon ki kami pad gayi isliye mere miyan ko fasa liya.."

Zubiya's eyes were wet and some tears escaped from the confines of her eyes. The tears were of the helplessness. She wasn't able to make anyone believe that she wasn't like that. She wasn't a characterless girl, she never even tried to look at any man in any way that would lure them.

She wiped her tears as some rain drops started falling mingling with the tears which were now escaping freely.

Zubiya was relieved that no one was there to see her breaking down. She didn't cried loud but the pain that was inside her was coming out in the form of tears.

Tears which were only companion in her life now.

Away from everything, everyone and all the accusations, zubiya has found peace in the Neelum Valley. She stood up and wrapped her scarf more securely. The shawl on her shoulders was now covering her petite form trying to hide the insecurities that were residing deep within her.

She moved towards the hostel lost in her own thoughts without knowing that Dr. Asfandyar has crossed her in his car. Neither she stopped nor his eyes left following her path.

Zubiya's pace was fast and it was appearing that she wasn't affected by the onslaught of the rain but her face was telling another story that asfandyar wasn't getting.

***

Hello everyone..

This is my first attempt to write on Asfiya. Urdu and English is not my first language. Apologies for the mistake.

I am not any professional writer, so please bear with me.

Much love