Part 7

Aitbaar

Part 7

It's been few days since the talk that Lubna had initiated with Asfand. Since then she had been waiting to meet zubiya once and talk to her as well.

"Ahh.." came a voice and immediately all the members of the Khan household rushed to see the commotion. As the elder Khan couple entered the room, they saw gaiti holding crying saim and there was blood around him.

Saim had fallen from the table and had been bleeding.

"Saim.. kya hua?" Lubna rushed towards her grandson and Gaiti stood up taking him in her arms. Saim had been fallen from the chair which was used by the little boy to get a car of his and hit his forehead.

"Mama mein ise hospital le ja rahi hun..", she had already pressed a cloth on his forehead to stop the bleeding and the three of them drove towards the hospital.

"Mama.." saim cried as he felt the pain.

"Bas meri jaan...hum aagaye.. meine Asfi chachu ko phone kar diya hai.." Gaiti consoled her son who sobbing lightly. Saim kept his head on his mother's chest as gaiti cuddled him.

As Gaiti entered the hospital, Asfandyar was already there. Saim was taken to the emergency for the treatment as Asfand and gaiti went with the boy. Saim was getting fussy and wasn't ready to let anyone come near him. It was after much coaxing, it was zubiya who managed to calm him down.

"Bas.. bas.. ho gaya.. saim..", came a soft voice of Dr. Zubiya who was wiping the blood from his head as she treated him.

"Dekhen bilkul dard nahi hua.. saim toh brave boy hai na..", Zubiya was continuously talking to the little guy to distract him. He had cuts and had got four stitches on the forehead.

Asfandyar noticed how Zubiya treated his nephew. Even though it was same kind of treatment she usually gives to her little patients but her dealing with saim made him a little more inclined towards the female doctor named zubiya.

She even offered a candy to saim and even had one when saim insisted all while treating him.

Gaiti noticed the changing expressions on Asfand's face and made a mental note to talk to lubna about zubiya and Asfandyar as soon as possible.

***

"Assalamualaikum khala ammi, kaisi hain aap?"

Zubiya asked her khala ammi on the usual calls that she does to her. She usually calls her to enquire if she had gotten the money that zubiya would send every month along with the two calls she make every month to know that everything is fine with her khala..

"Walaikum assalam meri jaan.. kaisa hai mera bacha?" Mahjabeen asked her niece. Zubiya had been her daughter from the time she was born, the baby girl who was brought up in the orthodox family, was betrayed at most important steps of her life by her own family.

"Mein theek hun khala.. sab theek hai? Bhai?bhabhi? Aapko mera money order time par mil gaya tha na?" Zubiya asked the questions she would ask every month without fail.

Her khala had given her roof when she was abandoned and it was the least she could do for the woman who was just like her mother. Zubiya never said but she felt indebted to her aunt.

She was the only woman who didn't questioned her if she did anything wrong. Her khala was the only one who believed her when she told her that she didn't do anything. She accepted her words.

Zubiya has been called by her khala Ammi to come to peshawar and after her continuous denials, Zubiya had agreed to go and for the same she had applied for two days leave. It was the limit that she can stay there. She knew that she presence would not be appreciated by her cousin and his wife but her loyalty and love for her khala has made her to make herself strong to see the accusations in the eyes of the people who were sadly her own.