Part 6

Aitbaar

Part 6

"Kya baat hai Asfandyar, kya Dr. Zubiya se koi galti hui hai jo aise dekh rahe ho usse.." Dr. Shehroz asked Asfandyar as he had seen asfandyar's constant gaze on a certain petite doctor.

He was concerned now for Zubiya, he knew Asfandyar's anger issues and if it is Zubiya that was going to be the target of his anger then he should make a move before zubiya was reprimanded again.

Asfandyar Ali Khan was mortified, he was caught staring at the certain brown eyed doctor and he looked away not wanting to get caught.

"Nahi sir, wo bas mein ek case ke baare mein soch raha tha.." asfand tried to make excuse. He never knew that he would be thinking of someone who was not even remotely related to him and that too Dr. Zubiya.

"Acha, waise use thoda time do, wo sab sheek jayegi. She will prove herself a competent doctor." Dr. Shehroz gave him the advice as he left the general ward patting asfand on his shoulder. 

"Jee sir.."

Asfandyar also excused himself as went away from the place to check on some patients away from the place where Dr. Zubiya wasn't in the direction of his eyes.

Dr. Zubiya had been playing in his mind like a broken record and he was getting annoyed at himself. She was actually turning to be a competent doctor as Dr. Shehroz suggested but what Asfand didn't liked was the way she would be aloof at the hospital.

She seldom talks with the doctors but was open to the people like khajista.

He was having an uncontrollable urge to talk to her and make her understand that her moves were not welcomed.

She should keep herself away from the people like khajista but he certainly didn't have any authority to do so.

He sighed and felt his head bursting with pain, why was he so concerned with an unknown doctor? Why she was affecting him most?

****

"Mama aapka blood pressure badd gaya hai. Aap inti chinta na kiya karen.." Gaiti was concerned for her mother in law. She knew the circumstances had changed their family a lot. After Daniyal, it was difficult for them to function, it was almost impossible to get themselves together again. But they had, for the sake for themselves and their loved ones.

Lubna looked at Gaiti, how can she tell this girl that she was concerned about her too. Saim needs a father and Gaiti needs someone in her life but before that her baby, her Asfi needs to understand that it's high time he gets settled. She could never forget the humiliation that her younger son had to face but Asfandyar had come strong.

Professionally, she and usman couldn't be more proud of their son but there was always a void in their hearts that needed to be filled. The hollowness that was now a part of asfand's life needs to be fulfilled in the form of a life partner.

"Chinta kaise na karun Gaiti, Asfi ko dekha hai ekdum laparwah ho gaya hai ye ladka.. use apna koi khayal nahi hai.."

"Mere aur usman ke baad hamare bachon ka kya hoga.". Lubna said pain surfacing in her voice.

"Mama aisa nahi kahen.." Gaiti felt her eyes watering even with the thought. She had already seen the worst and now didn't have the power to see more.

"Aap Asfi, se baat karen.. wo aapki baat nahi talega ya aap khud uski shadi karwa den. Faryal ke saath jo hua uske baad mujhe nahi lagta ki wo khud se kabhi kuch sochega."

Lubna heard Gaiti's words and it made sense.

She should probably look herself for a prospective bride for her son. A girl who would love her son like she always dreamt. A girl who would be with their family through the thick and thins. She should not judge their family and her son on the basis of past events, instead she should have the power to hold on the broken hearts and mend them again.