Comfort

As the investigation continued, everyone was asked to leave as soon as possible for not wanting any further incidents. The group of friends took this opportunity to continue on their own case while others immediately left not wanting the same outcome.

After negotiating over the call on what to do, the team was staying near the city that was close by the tournament. Staying close to the scene made sense; Valt should not have gone too far from where they previously were. Desert was as far as the eye could see. So if anywhere, it was the most likely place for any appearance of him. Meaning by staying put near the area allowed them to ease access and see; on the lookout for any signs of Valt.

Naoki and the others agreed to fly out to meet them there to help, so until then they were staying put at a hotel(thanks to Wakiya willing to pay for everyone for their rooms).

"I hope they find Valt soon." Nika whimpered, wiping the little tears as they fell down, Toko wrapping his arms to comfort his sister. Both wanting to see their big brother, safe and sound. Xander knelt over to them, cradling both in his arms. "Do you think they'll find him Xander?"

"Of course they will Nika." Xander said softly. "The police are out there searching for him. They'll find him in no time."

"B-but what if they don't?" Toko shivered. The possibility of their older brother being gone for good...

"Hey now, don't say that. I know that this is all scary for you two but this is Valt we're talking about. I know he's out there somewhere, fighting that thing with all his might. Your brother's a fighter. Wherever he is, he's fighting his way out back to us. I just know it!" With that assurance, the twins eased up a bit with Xander's words. A glimmer of hope shining in their eyes. As he brought them back to their mom, he waved to them as he left to find the others. He was vowing in his head as he walked, determined to save their brother, his best friend. 'Wherever you are Valt, we're coming for you.'

-

Shu stared at himself in the mirror, his eye sockets redder than his eyes. All of this was happening way too fast. A bad dream he was never waking up from.

He turned the faucet splashing cold water to his face. Dripping down, drop by drop. He just wanted to wake up.

Wake up...

"Hey Shu, you done in there yet?" The knocking of the door broke him out his thoughts. He quickly turned off the tap and went outside to be greeted by the blonde. "Geez dude, you do not look good at all."

"I think I look perfectly fine actually." He countered.

"Dude, you're drenched."

He didn't realize it, but his entire body was soaking wet.

"Oh..."

Rantaro sighed.

"I'll go get you some clothes."

"Rantaro you don't have to do that."

But he didn't listen.

"We'll talk later. Alright?"

-

When he was done changing Shu and Rantaro sat in silence across from each other from their beds. Along with him was the rest of the Bey Club sitting in different corners of the room. Wakiya moving one of the hotel's chairs closer to the group, arms crossed in waiting while Ken and Daigo sat on the edges of the beds. All eyes were on Rantaro to say something. He was the whole reason why he called them all here alone to talk. He gulped.