First Chapter

For my friend ILoveTennant :)

-----------------------------

Alec's choice

Ellie Miller

I'm desperate. I don't know, what I'm supposed to do. Now, I can't say that I didn't have an affair with Hardy. For God's sake! It was only once! And what about Fred and Tom? What will they say? Fred is too young to understand it, but Tom? He lost his dad a few months ago and now this. What's going on?

It's very simple. I'm expecting a baby with Alec.

"What?" asked Alec, when he picked up the phone

"Normal people say hello, but it doesn't matter. We have to meet."

"Is it necessary?" asked Alec

"Yes. Please, Alec."

"Ok, So at 3pm at my house." He said

"Thank you."

I picked up my favourite orange jacket and went to Hardy's. Exactly at three, I knocked on Hardy's door.

"Is unlocked Miller!" shouted Alec and I opened the door.

"I'll make tea." Said Alec and I sat in the armchair.

There were many letters on his table. One of them was about Alec's heart surgery.

"Oh, will you have that surgery?"

"It's not your problem, Miller. Why did you want to meet me?" said Alec with his terrible grumpy voice. I took a cup of tea and pour a bit in my throat. Alec took his two pills.

"Promise, that you won't be upset."

"I don't know, Miller. Just tell me." He said

"I'm pregnant."

"Congratulations, Miller. Your husband must be very..." Hardy stopped in half sentence

"Yes, it's yours. But I'm going to have an abortion."

"No, Miller I didn't mean it." he said

"I made a decision. You're nice man, but I can't do this."

"Ok. Now you can leave." He said with a bit of sadness in his voice

"Goodbye, Hardy."

"Bye, Miller." I said

ALEC

What have I done? Poor Miller. I'm so angry for myself. My own life is destroyed and I don't want do the same to Miller. I'm dying. My heart will not last much longer. What if I will never see my little Daisy again? Yes, she isn't that little girl anymore, but she will always be little girl for me.

ELLIE

I have to tell it Lucy. She is the only one who understands me from Broadchurch. Everything happened so fast. I still can't believe that Joe killed Danny and already there is another problem.

I put Fred into car seat and I sat in the car.

"We're going to visit aunt, Fred!" I said and I tried a little smile. Fred is one of things (people) that can always make me happy. I looked on myself in the rear-view mirror. I looked tired and brokenly. I had big dark bags under my eyes.

I drove to Lucy's.

"Hi." I said

"Hi!" Said Tom, Olly and Lucy

"Luc, I want to talk with you about... something."

"Alright. Olly! Take the boys out." Said Lucy

When the boys left, we were sitting on the sofa.

"So, tell me."

"Yes. You were right. I slept with Hardy, but it was only once!" I was waiting for her reaction. She looked very puzzled.

"Wow Ell. I wasn't expecting this." And she started to laugh.

"But there's one problem."

"Oh, Ellie, are you?" she asked and I started to cry

"I'm pregnant."

"Does Hardy know it?" she asked

"Yes." After few seconds, my face was full of tears.

"Come to me, Ell." She said and she hugged me. It was the moment, when I realized, How important is to have family.

"It's alright, Ellie." she said

"No, it isn't."

"And what are you going to do?" she asked

"I want to have an abortion."

"And what did Hardy say?"

"I think he wants the baby."

"It's your decision, Ellie. Choose a right way." Said Lucy

"And what if I don't know, what is right?"

"You should go to sleep, Ellie. Maybe, you will be smarter in the morning. I know it isn't too easy for you."

"Thanks Lucy."

"Think about Alec too. Can you live with him? You can leave Fred here for today, if you want." She said

"Ok, thank you Lucy. Goodbye."

I said goodbye to boys too, because they came, when I was leaving.

I sat in the car and drove to my old house. When I was leaving a car I saw person in front of my house. I can't recognize the person, so I came closer. It was Hardy.

"Hardy! What are you doing here?" I asked

"I want to apologize. Ellie. World isn't very nice to you and I wanted you to keep the baby - next problem for you."

"That's alright. And you were serious?" Hardy shook his head.

"I realized that I love you."

"No! Don't say thing like this. Please!" I started to cry and I ran into the house. I locked the door. I slid on the floor and I let the tears fall down of my face.

I probably fell asleep there, because I woke in this place. Maybe it wasn't the best position for sleeping, because my whole body ached. I went to bed, because I wanted to sleep one more hour. I feel a little sorry for Alec. He came to say that he loves me and I shut the door. The worst thing about this is that I love him too.

Convicted, that I won't fall asleep again, I went to the kitchen. I didn't eat since yesterday noon. And I'm not hungry. I made two toasts and tea. I sat on the chair and I looked to my phone. I had one new message. I hoped that it isn't from Hardy. But unfortunately was. Hardy's name was shining on me from my phone. Damn! He invited me to lunch.

I went near the computer to check my e-mails. Nothing new... Everyone is living their bloody happy life. I glanced on at the clock on my wall.I was terrified. I had only twenty minutes. I turned off the computer and I put on some clothes. I looked to the mirror for the first time in this day. Big circles under my eyes were highlighted with mascara. I removed mascara and makeup. I covered the circles a bit. I put on my orange jacket and I went out.

I have to apologize to Hardy. It's hard to tell someone, that you love him. And he was undoubtedly sad when I reacted like I reacted.