one

Life isn't the remembrance of dedication, nor the irony of pain. It's the soul factor of what can be perceived from another's existence.

People undergo the days that occur never actually knowing the value of moments, until they simply become desired memories.

A chance to inspire, to create, to provide, a chance to believe, and a chance to be loved.

You can experience a sense of reality as you take on the world ahead of you, but what comes out the other side, is your play ground.

Make the most, because you'll never observe every corner, or place a hand on every flower, nor ingest every song.

You get one life.

And one life only....

So let's never, say never.

May 2nd
1974
Aurora Everly

"Do you think Andy is gonna be there?" Dani asks as we quickly rush out the heavy school doors, clutching to the straps of our backpacks.

"Probably not today, it's been thirteen months though." I sigh, turning my head to her, seeing her reaction before looking back ahead of me to make sure I don't stumble upon someone.

"Thirteen months? Where was he the last time you saw him?" She asks with concern, we make it to stairway and begin to jog down steadily.

I think to myself for a moment, "I kicked him out of the house because he smashed through Bentley's window and gave him a joint as an 'apology'."

Her eyes widen as we meet the bottom of the stairs and walk down the sidewalk in unison, "I shouldn't even be surprised, that's probably the most innocent thing you've told me about him." She shrugs, I stay silent and observe the street in front of me before she speaks again, "Any sign of Mary?"

I swallow the lump in my throat and shake my head slowly, she asked the question carefully because she knows it's a touchy subject. Mary is my mother, my very absent mother, I'm lucky if I even get to see her twice a year, and the only times she does come back is when her current slut boyfriend dumps her and she needs money, one after another. I don't even know where she is finding all of them.

But through all the shitty men she gets recycled by, Andy and Mary are the only reason I still believe in love. Sure their both idiotic psychopaths, but that's what makes them so perfect, no matter what one of them does to another, they always find a way back, it's fucking ridiculous.

And it sure as hell ain't helpful for any of the kids, yes, I call my siblings "the kids" but I earned that right considering the fact all four of them were dumped in my hands before I was out of elementary.

First, we have James. James is the funniest dude I've ever met, but don't tell him that. When he's not trying to kill random kids at school, he's probably microwaving worms. Very scrawny guy, practically no muscle but he's somewhere up there, I'm pretty sure he's around ten years old, super pale and has thin blonde hair that goes down to about his shoulders.

Secondly, we have Kailyer, Mary was drunk when she named him so he's never been called anything besides Kai, much simpler. Kai is the most homophobic person to walk this earth, but is attracted to men and men only. He's sixteen, so one year younger than me, he has fairly tan skin and dark black hair that rises up and back. No one knows where he is half the time, pretty sure he's in a gang.