five

I look around at my surroundings, a small dim light circles me and while everything beyond that is nothing but darkness.

I take a step as it echos through the all too quiet void. My head moves back and forth trying to see if anyone else is here, panicking.

"Hello?" I yell, but hear no response. "Is anyone here?"

I take another step, this time, the light follows me making me slightly gasp at the unexpected movements.

"Hellooo?" I drag out, becoming flustered.

Suddenly, a small light appears in the corner of the space. "Who's there?" I ask worried, trying to calm my breathing as the light comes closer.

As it comes towards me slowly, I notice a person leading in the middle of the light, a dark figure, I need them to get closer for me to see.

"Mom?" I ask nervously as the person is close enough, "What are you doing here?"

"I needed to talk to you baby." She says calmly, grabbing my check and stroking it. She'd never been so affectionate, I was confused.

"Why? Why now?"

She sighs and I see her emerald green eyes, so similar to mine, fill with tears, "You're in danger, a lot of danger. These people, they aren't just musicians, their criminals."

I gasp and shake my head, "I knew I was in danger the second they kidnapped me, but how could they be criminals?" That would explain why Harry threatened my life yesterday.

"This wasn't supposed to happen, I'm supposed to keep you safe Aurora, that's my job as your mother."

I swallow and look down at my feet before looking back up at her, not holding holding eye contact, "I'm scared mom."

"Please stay safe, whatever you do. This tour isn't just the music, it's the environment, you're not ready for it yet." I hear her sniffle and sigh, "And watch out for Harry, I'm scared of what he will do once he has his finger wrapped around you."

"Oh trust me, Harry will never even began to get the bare knowledge of me. He's an absolute prude with nothing to do beside please himself with others fear. "

"That's almost exactly what I said about his father at first, but here we are." She takes a deep breath, "I should have never gotten involved with the Styles family, it's all my fault that your here, and why I'm not."

I furrow my brows as a tear streams down my face, hitting her hand. "What do you mean you're not here?"

As if we cry in unison she looks down to hide her face, "Oh sweetie, mommy messed up."

I fill with confusion, "You always mess up."

"My life was a constant series of life or death, something I always came out alive, but not this time, not this time." As soon as I hear her say the word 'was', I break down, more tears come running down my face then I could handle.

"Don't cry, please, I was too cruel for you to cry over." She sniffles.

"But- but you were my mom."

"Not a good one." She shakes her head.

"My only one."

She finally looks up, her glossy eyes meet mine, and it hurts more than anything to see her upset, no matter how much she made me upset in the past, "I'm sorry baby, I'm so sorry." She sympathizes. I choke on my tears as she stares hard at me, "For everything."