four

a/n: should i keep writing this? not sure if anyone is reading it or not

May 2nd
1974
Aurora Everly

I draw back my curtains, revealing a breath taking view, nothing I'd seen before in Detroit. With beautiful swaying trees and a glow from the night, I thought I was in heaven.

That was until I heard the door to my room open. I swing around instantly and feel a pit grow in my stomach as soon as I realize it is Harry.

"This is illegal, you know." I tell him with some what confidence as he makes his way over to me, my back arched slightly over the rail that leads out to my balcony while my hands lay on either side of me placed on the metal.

"Hmm?" He asks back, scratching the tip of his nose with his curled index finger.

I take a deep breath as he is about to approach me, "I'm not a fucking groupie, if I was, I would do this voluntarily... actually, I wouldn't because I don't need to be surrounded by a shitty person like you to-"

He slightly lifts his head in disapproval, clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth, "Oh baby get on with it."

Taken back, my grip on the rails becomes tighter, "Rock stars are all dicks."

"Do you have a problem with how I act, princess?" He smirks, already knowing the answer but testing my limits anyways.

"I have a problem with you."

His lips form into a fake pout as his hand gets placed over his heart, "I'm hurt." He whines sarcastically.

"I'm not a groupie-"

"Congrats." He interrupts, his body meets a few inches from mine as his hands grasp the railing around me. I move my own so they don't collide, forming them together into a fist below my waist. The pure closeness of us sends a shiver through me.

I take a deep breath and start again, trying to keep calm, "I'm not groupie, those guys go on tours with people like you willingly. I am being forced to go on tour all while, technically, working for you with zero pay. Illegal."

A small chuckle makes its way out of him, "You see this big house you'll be living in?" He waves his hands out to demonstrate.

I silently nod so he continues, "This house is in your, mother's name. I'll even show you the godamn purchase agreement if you wanna be a brat about it which I'm sure you will."

I go to open my month but he speaks again, "'What does my mother have to do with this?'" He mocks me, "If she's the legal owner of the house, that means that technically, you living anywhere but here is illegal, considering the fact that you're what? Seventeen?"

I stand there speechless, trying to think of something to say, "Exactly, a minor. And for benefits wise, if you did have half a brain you would remember that our manager spoke with you and told you all about how you would be provided with different things during your time here, things you need to survive, and if you're lucky, a few bucks along the way."

My eyes go wide trying to remember trying to remember what I was told in the office earlier, realizing he was completely right, this wouldn't be kidnapping because technically I'm living with a parent or guardian.