11

I quietly hop out of the shower and check the time. I mentally panic at the possibility of being late for the third time this week. I hurriedly get dressed, checking for any coffee stains that the washing machine might have missed. Now, I have to scurry out of here without running into Hyunjin... or waking him up for that matter.

Slowly opening the door, I check to see if he's still sleeping; but rather, the bed is empty. I suppose he left. I quickly grab my things and walk to my front door for another hectic day.

As I'm about to turn the knob, I feel a tap on my shoulder. My mode of thinking snaps into overdrive, as I swiftly turn around to grab his wrist. I'm clutching it tightly, causing him to look a little stunned. But then a look of amusement takes over his surprise.

"Nice reflexes," Hyunjin smiles. "Where are you going?"

"Why are you still here?" I blurt out, causing him to raise an eyebrow.

"I was actually just about to leave too," he says as a matter of fact. "I wanted to tell you to take it easy today, so that your wounds can heal properly."

I quickly nod, although this made me remember about my training session with Changbin later today. 

"You aren't planning on any extreme physical activity, right?" Hyunjin asks.

"Aw crap, that means no crossfit or parkour? Guess I have to cancel that," I roll my eyes. "If you count grinding coffee beans as extreme I might have to skip work too." He tilts his head eyeing me suspiciously, then smirks.

"Okay then, try not to miss me too much." He bends down to my height a little too close for comfort, as I back away into the door. He gently puts his finger on the corner of my mouth.

"What are you doing?" I scorn.

"You got a little toothpaste," he smiles while rubbing away.

I don't know if it's the lack of ac in the room or my sudden desire to go to work, but I quickly open the door from behind me.

•••

After clocking in, I put on my apron.

"Damn, you look rough," Seungmin says.

"Good morning to you too, dandy boy."

"Oh my gosh," Chaeryeong softly lifts up my wrist. "That's a big bruise, are you okay?"

"Oh this? Yeah I'm fine, just the usual aftermath of my boxing workouts." I hate to lie to them, but I don't want to put their safety in jeopardy. 

"Well... do better then," Seungmin giggles.

Chaeryeong proceeds to hit his shoulder, causing him to hold it and grimace while I burst into laughter.

Despite the stress of balancing work with everything else, I wouldn't survive it without these two. They make the darkest days turn into lighthearted ones, and I am grateful for our friendships. Although, I do think that Seungmin and Chae together would be so cute. But he refuses to admit it.

Morning rush hour flies by, bags of coffee beans slowly disappearing as the pile of dishes grows. Chaeryeong fixes her messy ponytail while Seungmin fixes himself an entire new coffee.

The door opens with a ring once again.

"Hey Jisung!" I greet as I start to make him his usual drink. A friendly looking guy walks in next to him.

"Morning Yuna, this is my upperclassmen friend, Kevin."

"Hello," he beams with a bright smile.

"Nice to meet you Kevin, would you like anything today?"