6 years. (Sakuatsu Angst)

"Hey'a Omi-kun." Atsumu mumbled fiddling with my hands.

"Hey." The two stayed in silence.

"It's been a awhile, like 6 years ey?"

"Yea, 6, wow." The conversation wasn't going anywhere. The two boys ended on good terms, but awkwardness consumed them.

"I heard yer' dating Ushijima-kun?"

"Yea," Kiyoomi took off his black glove revealing a beautiful wedding ring on his ring finger, and a black ring right on top of it.

"Omi ya' didn't bother to tell me ya' were engaged all tis' time?"

"He only propose like a week ago." The taller boy chuckled.
"What's the black ring?"

"Ah, the promise ring he bought, for our third year anniversary, we got them together tho. And gave me a year worth of cleaning supplies." Atsumu could hear it in Kiyoomi's voice for how much he loves Ushijima

"Really?" Atsumu grinned.

"Yeah, also got me one of those vacuums that move by themselves, which are fucking expensive."

"Aha, one dedicated boyfriend."

"Yup, he is." Kiyoomi smiled. His mask was off, enjoying the fresh breeze.

"How are things with you and Hinata?"

"We broke up like 4 years ago.."

"Oh sorry."

"Yea no it's okay, just enjoying a single life for now."

"Wow didn't know Atsumu the great could be single."

"Wow, what's that supposed to mean Omi?"

"Nothing. Anything else that happened I should know about?" Atsumu huffed.

"I have a dog," Atsumu pulled out his phone, opening his gallery. It was a white and black husky with icey blue eyes.

"Cute." Kiyoomi snickered.

"Mhm, when she was a pup she would run all over the place scratching my walls and floors."

"Really?" Kiyoomi's eyes were happy joyfully laughing.

"Uhuh, I had to repaint the walls, and redo the floors which was annoying since I was all by myself doing this shit." Atsumu kept going on until he hear someone.

"Kiyoomi! We have to go the train is about to be here!" Ushijimas voice was off in the distance and you could see his figure, standing at the sidewalk.

"I better get going nice seeing you Atsumu-"

"Last question."

"Hm?"

"Do you think we coulda' worked out?" Atsumu said in a hesitant voice, he didn't want to be a homewrecker. He wanted Kiyoomi to stay happy even if it meant he had to be....

Kiyoomi stayed in silence thinking about how he wanted to respond.

"Maybe," Atsumus eyes shot over to him, as Kiyoomi started putting his mask back on.

"Maybe in another life. But not this one. We tried at least." Kiyoomi turned his head facing the sidewalk.

"I love you, and I always will." Atsumu head face down at the ground, playing with the twigs and dirt.

"I love you too, dumbass."

"Bye omi-kun."

"Bye Atsumu."

Things were hectic when they were together, they were each other's first loves, first time, first anniversary's together, they came out to their families with each other, their parents would plan how their wedding would look like because they actually thought they were going to stay together, they knew almost everything about each other. Their relationship always had it's ups and downs, but then it eventually became all downs, they were on and off repeatedly, until the boys decided to end it.

So then they waited 3 years for one another. But they both never came for each other. The two were scared, and had a pride to keep not wanting to admit they were the wrong one in the relationship. Kiyoomi was dating Ushijima even though he still had feelings for Atsumu, and Atsumu was dating Hinata but they were in love with other people and not each other so eventually they broke up.

And that was their story.

Atsumu stood up quickly grabbing the cuffs of Kiyoomi's sweater.

"Atsumu-" The blonde hair boy knows once he let's go that's the end of them. Once he let's go he knows the love of his life will be gone and out of his grasp.

"Atsumu I've already move on-" Atsumu kissed the taller boy.

-----

click that star rn 😎