Stressed Gumshoe (Pt.1)

The day was bright and bold in the office of the late Mia Fey.

Your lawyer partner Phoenix Wright had walked into the office, groggily and tired.

"Didn't sleep again?". You ask, giggling. "You know how it is". Phoenix mumbles. "Of course I do". You say, smiling. Maya walks out, noticing the both of you. "Oh! Y/N! Nick!". Maya hums. Your head whips round to Maya who's smiling like a kid in a candy shop.

"What's up Maya?". You ask, shuffling around some files before putting them away. "Have you heard? About the trial? Apparently Phoenix sent someone down!". Maya says, shoving the magazine in your face.

"But Phoenix hasn't done any trials.." You murmur, hand to your chin. "I know right?!". Maya says pouting.

You, Phoenix and Maya sit down on the couch. Maya sipping on her drink as you chug down your morning coffee. "Aww, come on Phoenix, cheer up". You say, nudging your childhood best friend. Phoenix rolls his eyes.

A sudden pop of the door makes the three of you jump, seeing Detective Gumshoe panting with things in his hand. "Are ya kidding me, pal?!". He yells, making you and Maya flinch back in confusion. "Have ya seen it?!". He asks, looking at Phoenix then to you.

"It's nice to see you too, Dick". You say giggling. "Sending down a defendant like that! Retrial it I say!". Gumshoe says, pouting before giving Phoenix some things. "Are you okay, Gumshoe?". Phoenix asks. "Mr. Edgeworth just has me under a lot of work lately. Since I've been back it's non stop work, pal!". He says, nervously scratching his hair.

Maya glances at you, as Phoenix nudges you. "Oh hey Gumshoe! Let me give you my home baked cookies I did with Y/N yesterday!". Maya says, before dragging Gumshoe into another room.

"What was that for?". You ask, squinting at your fellow friend. "Take him out, you know you want too". Phoenix teases, winking and grinning at you. You roll your eyes.

Since a few years ago when you had been working with Mia, you met Detective Dick Gumshoe in the precinct when you first started out. Instead of the normal "Hello, I'm Y/N". You smacked banged into Gumshoe, falling on your behind.

Since then, you've been very good friends...Though a slight crush - well heavy crush has burdened upon your shoulders.

Though, you figured Gumshoe wasn't into you, more into his younger recruit Maggey Byrde came along a good few months ago, he seems to be head over heels with her.

"I don't think he's into me Phoenix". You mumble, chewing on your skin. "Hm? Are you sure? It sure does look like it to me". He says chuckling. "Har Har". You hum, pouting whilst folding your arms.

"Just ask him out!". Phoenix yells. You yell back, before playfully fighting with Phoenix.

"Woah woah, pals! Calm down!". Gumshoe grunts, yanking you off of Phoenix. "Don't worry about it Dick, I'm gonna get Phoenix back". You hum, squinting. "Anyways, I need to get off. Otherwise Edgeworth will have my head". Gumshoe says, almost upset at the fact he had to go.

Hours pass

During a trip with Phoenix and Maya, Maggey framed for murder once more...You had to head off to see Gumshoe to ask about the victim who died. You knew why Phoenix chose you, but you really didn't want to bother Gumshoe if he was busy.

On your way to the precinct, you stop, smelling the sweet treats of a bakery.

"Maybe I could give him a little treat?". You whisper to yourself.

Coming back out of the bakery, you had gotten Gumshoe several buns and cakes to enjoy, pastries so flaky they would melt in your mouth.

"Oh, Y/N how are you?". Alex asks behind the desk. You giggle. "I'm great Alex. Is Gumshoe here?". You ask. "Yeah, big guy is in his office. Need to see him?". He asks. You nod. "Just...don't tell him I'm coming in". You say smiling.

"Alrighty, see ya later, Y/N!". Alex hums, waving.

You knock on Gumshoe's office door cautiously, before hearing his gruff husky voice saying "come in".

Once you enter, papers were pilled upon Gumshoe's desk, his crimson tie half undone around his neck, hair messy and sleeves rolled up.

"Y/N? What's up, pal?". Gumshoe questions, grinning. "Aren't you working a little too hard Gumshoe?". You ask, looking around the small office. "Nah, I'm used to this sorta thing". He says, rubbing his eyes.

"Dick...don't lie to me". You say pouting. "You're tired, you're overworking and you're stressed". You say, standing next to him.

"Honestly pal, I'm great!". He says grinning. His arm swings accidentally, knocking all of the papers he had stacked up, off the desk.

A grunt and Yelp of dismay startles you as Gumshoe stands up. "Fuck, fuck fuck!". He grunts, his face in his hands.

"Calm down, Dick!". You say, eyebrows furrowed in worry. "Let me help, okay?". You say, placing the bags down you had, before getting on your hands and knees cleaning up the pile of papers.

You couldn't help but feel the burn of Gumshoe's eyes on your behind, well, who wouldn't? Your skirt was fairly pushing up above your cheeks.

"I don't know what I'd do without ya, pal". Gumshoe mutters, half side of his face squished against his hand. "I know.." You coo, bringing out the sweet treats for gumshoe.

"I know you're stressed...and you deserve this" you say, handing him the box.

His face lights up with delight, almost crying at the delicious treats.

"Y-Y/N, pal...ya didn't have to". Gumshoe mumbles, placing the box down. "I want to make you happy Dick...I hate it when you're stressed because I feel so useless. I'm always stuck around Phoenix and Maya..." You hum, fiddling with your fingers.

Gumshoe stands up, before his arms wrap you in a tight hug. His head leans on yours.

Without warning, adrenaline rushes throughout your body, making your quiver and tremble with all sorts of emotions. After calming down, you wrap your arms around Gumshoe. His body smelling of strong cologne and coffee, sweat and distress.

"This is nice, pal". Gumshoe hums, rocking the both of you gently. You giggle. "Feeling better?". You ask, head leaned against his chest.

"Y-yeah...". He mutters, before pulling away. "I was going to say...Maybe you'd like to go for a drink? After work?". You say, batting your eyelashes at Gumshoe who grins, a slight blush on his face. "L-like a date, pal?". He asks, eyebrows perked up in interest.

A gasp hits your mouth before blushing-

"I-uh- y-yes?". You stutter, smiling softly.

"Of course, pal! I'd love to!". He says grinning.

And with that, you head back to Phoenix and Maya, forgetting to ask Gumshoe about the victim.