Trust

Notes:

Hello, I'm back again very soon.

I was really excited yesterday because I waited like 5 days to buy this hoodie and I got it. Even though it cost me like 70 bucks. But I bought it and I was in a good mood and I decided to write.
This chapter has a scene in it that I wasn't going to write in this book but it was a good mood to set the scene up so I ended up putting it here anyway.
I did promise reincarnation and I sort of gave it to you sort of. Sort of this is definitely not the reincarnation I was talking about but I gave a little sneak for right now you know.

Anyway, I think you guys will like this chapter and this is probably the only person that I will be shipping Merlin with just FYI.

<><><>

/

The meeting had ended, and everyone had left, even Merlin and Remus. But they didn't get very far, they walked to a park where it was quiet, and there was nobody around since it was so late at night.

Merlin was panicking. Oh, he was a mess. He couldn't stop walking in circles. He was trying to figure out the words to tell Remus so that he wouldn't turn him in and put him in jail again. Remus, on the other hand, was sitting on a bench and just staring at Merlin, panicking.

Inside, Remus was just as stressed as Merlin was, but he was also not sure what to say hence why he was just staring at Merlin and not saying anything.

Eventually, Merlin let out a giant breath and just sat on the floor. He looked at his hands and then eventually looked up at Remus; he looked so worn out.

"You know." was all Merlin said; it wasn't a question.

Remus just nodded. And Merlin sighed even more.

"You didn't tell Kingsley," Merlin said, not asking as it was obvious, or he would already be back in Azkaban.

"No..................................... I don't know why but I trust you even though you haven't told me anything. It's almost scary how much I trust you." Remus said seriously.

Because it was true at this point, his allegiance was more with Merlin than anyone else. Even more than with the Order, and that frightened Remus.

Merlin gave a weak smile,

"All part of my charm, I guess."

"Myridian, I'll ask once, and I'll take whatever answer you give me as truth. Are you a bad person? Am I making a mistake not telling Kingsley and not sending you back to Azkaban?" Remus looked lost.

Merlin looked at Remus; he was a great and loyal friend,

"I'm thankful for your trust. I know why I went to Azkaban. And I wouldn't consider myself a bad person. But that's all about perspective, isn't it? You know what I mean. I don't want to really bring this up, and I don't really like to talk about it, but the reason I went to Azkaban is that I killed some people. I was defending my friend, my family, my kin, but murder is still murder. I want to be truthful with you because I respect your trust. It happened so long ago; it almost feels like centuries ago. I'm thankful for your loyalty, but if this is as far as it goes, I understand. You could take what I told you and make your own decisions from it. Am I sorry for the people that I killed? Yes. Taking a life is not easy. But I would do it again if they were to hurt my family and friends again. So I don't regret my choices, and I accepted the punishment for them. But it's been so long since I was in prison, they forgot I was even there. I was never going to get out. So when the opportunity came, I left. I don't intend to do anything big. Unless Destiny calls for it, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon. So if you want to tell Kingsley, I won't be mad at you. Truly, I'm grateful that you're my friend. And that's all I have to say on this matter." Merlin finished looking at Remus earnestly.