The 'Two' of her Life

The Kayi tribe took rest from the migration journey. All the Alps took equal duties of the resting women and children. The head Turgut Alp took a round all satisfy with the duties.

Good time after being declared as the new Kayi Bey, Ertugrul was freed from some initial works. Everyone left him alone and he took a deep breath. Taking a step back, he took a brief look of whole caravan. They were his responsibility now, they were the person whom trusted Ertugrul with all their life. They became his companions in his holy quest.

His roaming eyes stopped on his wife far away from the hustle of migration. His wife's beautiful face was saddened by the pain of separation. The beginning of responsibilities didn't give him enough time to console his wife. A flare of the fire shine brightly on her face, as she continued to stare the dagger.

It belonged to Yigit.

Halime had the unseen tears and the night's loneliness surrounded her. Gunduz rested with Hayme and everyone engulfed in themselves, and no one felt Halime.

Everything was done now. Everyone was resting now. Ertugrul walked towards his little son, and hold him. Taking Gunduz, Ertugrul reached Halime.

She saw him as he took his place besides her. Her eyes remained fixed on the dagger.

"May Allah give you patience my love." Ertugrul said keeping his hand on Halime's back.

Halime saw him and nodded her head. She didn't wanted to say anything, and the silence was understood by Ertugrul. This was Halime's most favourite part, Ertugrul never took Halime's silence in wrong way.

She kept her head on Ertugrul's shoulder, and he immediately caressed her covered head. Her one hand rested on silent Gunduz, who was awake but quiet in Ertugrul's other hand.

"Nothing can soothe your heart my Halime, but know that your brother is in Jannah. He got his reward for suffering. He is at peace now." Ertugrul said trying to console her, even though he was short of words.

Halime tilted her head towards Ertugrul. "I know Ertugrul, and that's what really soothes my heart." She said with a low tired voice.

"His absence hurts my heart, but this death is good for him. I don't know how much he would've suffered more. He never deserves those things, Ertugrul!" She said leaning back, her voice painful yet telling the truth.

"Neither did you love!" Ertugrul said, which made Halime stare in his eyes.

She never thought for once if she deserves those or not. Her state, her father and her brother was the one she spent her whole life for. Halime blinked for once. No one ever told her this. No one ever cared for her sufferings. She didn't averted her eyes from her husband.

"I don't know Ertugrul." Halime simply stated it. She slowly looked away.

"All I know is, I sacrificed my whole life for them, and they all left me. Some or the other way... I was always used by people for their benefits. Therefore, relations never hold any importance in my life..."

She took a breath. She needed her rants to be heard. And Ertugrul was only one with whom she shares her heart. She continued after a little pause.

"All mattered to me was my brother. I never says it, but I can't forget how my father just used me for his benefits everytime. EVERYTIME from my childhood! Still, I didn't had anyone except for them. I was always skeptical for new relations, but... you... "

She again turned her eyes on Ertugrul. "You proved my fear wrong. You entered in my life when I was at my lowest. When I lost my father..."

Ertugrul's hand came on Halime's cheeks. He was caressing it. The feeling of his warmth on her cheek and in her soul made her feel less alone. His cozy touch encouraged her to blurt out more. And this while, all he did was understood her.

Everyone can listen the spoken words, but not all of them can understand it.

"But I had you... You were my strength at that time. Not any replacement, but my power. But... I never thought I would be facing this!" She stopped. Bowing down her head, her words stopped.

Ertugrul raised her chin from his thumb to make their eyes meet. Her eyes had pain, yet satisfaction... Sadness yet love at the same time.

Ertugrul said. "Your life had been so hard on you Halime, I know that... I can never give you anything back. But..."

Ertugrul stopped and placed Gunduz in Halime's laps. As soon she held him, Gunduz immediately snuggled digging his face towards her stomach. Halime held him closely.

"... All I can assure you is, we are a family now. Your life took away your everything, but I won't let it do anymore. You had me when you lost your father, and now you are having our son when you lost your brother." Ertugrul stopped.

Halime now saw Ertugrul taking her eyes from her son. These two losses of her life gave her biggest blessings in return. They weren't empty. Ertugrul made her realized.

"We are a family now my Halime. Those losses of your were written, but our Allah didn't let it go empty for you. Yes, you lost two, but you gained another two my love, not as replacement, but as your strength. Your Power!!" He said looking deep in her eyes.

He was indeed his power, who now soaked all her pain in her hard times. Her strength, who rested in her lap. Those were her meaning of life. Her Life.

Halime kept her other hand on Ertugrul's hand on her own cheek, and smiled. She smiled heartedly at him, and nodded. He was right, things meant to be will happen at any cost, but we should see the positive in it. Indeed, our mighty lord will never do the thing not benefitting the believer.

Halime closed her eyes and leaned on Ertugrul. He took her in a hug. Halime raised Gunduz on her shoulder, and the family was in a hug. A soulful one. The Two gave her a sense of relief from all her pain, rendering her lost patience.

The fire flames shined remarking the three, previously alone... As Hayme smiled at the from a distance. Halime had kept herself strong, but at the end everyone needs a support. Ertugrul had been responsible, but at the end he came to his support.

The loved ones aren't the one you spends your whole day with, they are the one who lingeres your mind as the last thought of night.

Halime backed and Ertugrul softly pressed his lips on Halime's forehead, which she felt closing her eyes.

"Thank you Ertugrul! Because of you I am completed. You Two completed me." She said smilingly, and Ertugrul smiled at her back. Her family of Two indeed proved to be her true strength.

Screen faded from Ertugrul and Halime's smiling face, as Gunduz laughed in their arms. While the most shining dagger near the fireplace bequeathed the ever brightening smiling light of the Heaven.

********************************
fridayfeeling_ Thanks for this sweet idea. It was best!
I love you!! :)♥️