Chapter 22

Chapter 22
____________

The clapping of hands rung in the air. 

Her feet touched the floor with ease, a sort of satisfaction within her as she walked. Her strides were slow, graceful, and in every bit commanding. The tulsi green saree swished at her ankles, the gold borders tickling the skin of her feet, sequins studded on her saree sparkling in an array of colors. An elegant peacock. She felt like one too.

"Yes, my queen?" A servant was immediately at her disposal.

"Call the General to the meeting hall immediately and inform the other courtiers to arrive half an hour later."

"Yes, my queen!" the servant uttered the same words, altering the tone, he bowed low and left.

The heavy, but magnificent, doors opened before her as if sensing the presence of its mistress. Bearing an elegant smile on her face, containing a somewhat gleeful grin, she strode in. The wooden doors shut back close after her siblings entered. Dipankar sat in the armchair next to his younger sister while Suruchi stood on the opposite side, by her queen. The Senapati made his arrival shortly.

"Glad you came on time, General. Please, take a seat," Revati spoke, adding a neat motion of the hand to gesture towards the goblet. "What would you like to have, juice?"

"Water, Your Majesty." Without a moment's hesitation, the royal trainer poured it out. He took the metal goblet with a nod, three fingers on the handle, the thumb and forefinger on either side of the cup. He took a sip and looked at the woman sitting right opposite to him. The same woman who ruled this land and its people.

"General, we have something important to tell you. It's a rather... confidential and delicate matter. Shall I go with news straightforward or shall I take it slow?"

"By all means, Your Highness, I can handle it. Please go on, tell it to me directly." He insisted.

She glanced quickly over to her siblings before continuing, "We have found the Vault of Rahasya."

Clang!

The General who was holding the goblet had let go, letting it fall onto the floor, water sloshing at his feet. His eyes were the size of oranges, eyebrows disappearing into his hair and mouth agape. Safe to say, he was shocked. And shocked a tenfold.

"Maybe I should've taken it slow," Revati mumbled under her breath.

"Wh-what? You've f-found the m-mythical vault of Rahasya?" he managed to get out, emphasizing the 'mythical' part. 

Oh he doesn't believe it, does he? He must think I'm going mad.

"Yes, General." She affirmed.

"B-but how? It is-isn't a real thing, is it?"

"It is, General."

He leaned forward with the expression never fading. "M-my queen, do you feel alright? Prince Dipankar, do check. Her Highness must be down with a fever or something. I'll call for the Royal Physici-"

"There is absolutely no need for that, Senapati." She stopped him halfway to the door. "Please take a seat. I am perfectly fine, there's nothing wrong with me," she assured him, her words slow.

The man seemed conflicted. Wanting to believe her but knowing that he would be sane if he didn't. The poor general begrudgingly came back and plopped into the chair. His bewildered state slowly slipped away by their next exchange of words.

"It is a very real thing, not a myth, General Neelkanth. It was made known only to the royal members of this kingdom. But the location was an exception, only the reigning monarch would have knowledge of it."