Bonus Chapter (planning of war)

Hey everyone! This is a short bonus chapter occurring before the war when planning military strategies, somewhere between Chapter 22 and Chapter 23.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonus Chapter

_____________

"So," Revati spoke, looking around her cabinet of ministers. "the distribution will be done three days later, correct?"

She earned collective nods from them. "Yes, Your Highness. Do not worry about the arrangements, Maharani, we have it under control." One of the ministers spoke.

She nodded at him and checked the scrolls in front of her once more. "Alright, then. Anything else?"

The welfare minister snuck a quick glance at Dipankar before speaking up. "Yes, my queen. We have a problem regarding the food distribution event that starts in three hours. We haven't exactly picked the location for it and we want you to pick it.

"Really, minister," she said, eyebrows pinching in the slightest. "I do not understand the need for me to do it. I have entrusted you with the task and such things are trivial. The people of our kingdom will be happy and content with any place. What is important is that the food must be served in proper amounts and the guests must be treated with respect. Why not the usual hall in the palace where all kinds of distributions take place always?"

"Alright, Your Majesty. But please, do come with me and check if the food is being cooked properly."

"You want me to check on the things that you have been doing for over years and in which you have a better experience than me?"

The man stuttered, unsure of how to reply to her sudden comment. "I-but-Y-your highness, I think your presence will be much appreciated. It will encourage the cooks and servers and also increase respect for you and the Crown."

She squinted in suspicion. "Hm... looks like you really want to drag me into this." She rose up, pushing her chair back. "Come on, minister, let's go. You all may leave if you would like, others who would want to discuss, replan or check some things may stay behind." 

She went out the door with a few ministers trailing behind, shaking her head. As soon as the door closed, Dipankar turned to the General and two commanders who were left behind.

"Senapati, we have to discuss something crucial with you that is not to be shared with the Queen." Before the Senapati could ask why, Dipankar continued, "It is regarding the war. It is true that my sister is skillful and has been a quick learner in warfare and fighting, but she does not have enough experience to partake in war."

"But Your Highness, why not discuss this important matter with the Queen and come to a conclusion on whether she will fight or not?"

"She will be fighting, alright," Suruchi replied. "She is the only person who wields utmost power and strength in our kingdom. There are other leaders of power in our kingdom, such as you, Senapati, but she is... untainted. Prince Dipankar cannot lead as it will create doubt and distrust in people after his betrayal, no offense to you, Your Majesty," she said to Dipankar who simply nodded. "She is a symbol of hope for Vaibhavgargh. And if she does not fight in the war, there is no use in waging a war as we will most definitely lose. And not just that, she is capable of partaking in the war and killing her enemy but-"

"-not soldiers. What I mean, is that it will be her first time killing. She will have to protect herself from not one, but various directions from real weapons that can do fatal harm. So we will need a bodyguard squad for her."

"Yes, my prince, you have a valid point there," the general agreed, nodding grimly. "I can arrange the best of warriors for her from my army. Do you not think it will be wise to tell Her Majesty of this? It will create confusion in the battlefield."

"We-I," Dipankar corrected. "had thought of this, but decided against it for that would lower the spirits of the Queen and make her feel undermined and unprepared."

It was Suruchi who had thought of it and come up with the plan, but she insisted that the more well-known and respected person speaks about it. 'A young Royal Trainer's opinion would hold far less value than that of the Prince' was what she had said, but what she meant was that a non-royal woman's opinion was not considered as much as a male. Regardless, she wanted her sister to be protected and safe. That was her main priority.

The man nodded slowly. "So we make the fact that we're protecting her discreet?"

"Yes, General. But it will not be for long, they'll allow her a few kills at the start and ward off enemies who approach her discreetly on the battlefield. She will be free and independent to her knowledge but she will protected by a few warriors who will only pretend to not aid her and blend into the war scene. The plan is that, after killing a handful, she will confront their leader, Ballaraja, and use her undepleted energy to kill him. It will be a difficult feat, no doubt, but I am confident that she can."

"I will see to the arrangements, be rest assured, Your Highn-"

The door swung open to reveal a slightly confused princess and no minister.

"Strange," Revati said, coming over to her seat. "Everything was going perfectly well, I wonder why the minister asked such a peculiar thing of me. Anyways, did you all have something to discuss?"

"No, Your Highness, we were just about to leave. I just wanted to double-check a few things with the Prince."

"Oh, alright then. I will be leaving too as we have nothing else to do. Go have a rest or an early lunch, everyone. The meeting has consumed much of our time."

They nodded and exited with murmurs of 'thank you, Your Highness'. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------