Chapter 5

❦ SESSIONS ❦ WITH ❦ LIFE

Chapter 5
|A fine line indeed|

Leanna Russell

Her eyes open, and she groans when she wakes up on the couch in the living room. Sitting up she instantly looks where she had been lying for any blood. Fortunately for her there is no blood on the couch itself and the pants which she wears are not covered in blood. Sighing the girl calms a bit down. Looking around the living room to see that light from outside is making its way inside the room. Lighting it up as it does so. Reminding the world that the day has arrived for them.

For a moment Leanna stares out the window. Just staring at the world which is the one she grew up in. Never was she allowed to go further than the things that she could see, and yet it was the distance that she always wanted but could never have. The time that she got out, and she started working for the prison and met Adam was the first time that she felt like she was free in the world. The girl never knew until recently that none of that was ever real. She was still locked away, she was the prisoner.

As she sits now on that couch and stares out in the world she thinks of the life which she had when she was at the prison. In truth all that she did was be in her office, the cafeteria, her apartment, and in her best friend's apartment. Though, she never knew that all of those places were in the same place. The same building. Leanna is so lost in her own thoughts that she doesn't see that the door to the living room opens and someone walks inside. Someone who watches her every move as they limp inside the room.

He stands there and watches her for a moment, doesn't say anything but studies her. "If you want sit then take it" She speaks without looking at him. She knew that he walked in there from the moment that she heard his footsteps. His limping footsteps. Then the girl turns her head to look at him as he takes a seat on the other end of the couch. She glares at him. "I do hope your leg is hurting" She says to the man that is identical to the one that is or rather was her real birth father.

The man eyes her. "I heard you had quite the adventure last night" He speaks to her, as if the situation amused him. All that Leanna does is glare at him. So intensely that she does hope is strong enough to make him drop dead right now. That would make her feel much better. "The time when you have liters of blood rushing out of your vagina is the time when we get to talk about it" She speaks and smirks while dong so. Confident that he, like most men, becomes uncomfortable about the subject which does make her feel better.

But, all that he does is smirk at her, as if this does amuse him. "Well, I certainly have not tried that, but I have gotten shot by my niece" He says. It only makes her angrier. "I'm not your nieces, I'm not your anything" Leanna says, her voice filled with intense rage that she is ready to strike at anything that she find. It just so happens that he's the closest one to her. A sad truth, but she would want to shoot him again, whether that truly is a sad truth or not is personal.

The smirk that she once had on her face has been replaced by a frown of anger, one that she wishes to get rid of. The girl has never enjoyed frowning, unless it is playfully. Silas, she knows loves to see her frown and then do all that he can to bring that smile to her face, and she has to say that she loves it when he does all he can to make her smile. Silas is the only one that can make her truly smile, no one else and no one else is allowed to either, that she promises.

A smile might not mean much to others but for Leanna, it mans everything. "No matter how much you try, you can't change your blood. Can't change who your family is. Ignore the facts all you wish, little girl, but I am your dear old uncle, and I own you now" He speaks to her. Leanna smirks. "Well, you certainly are old, if my uncle or not, I have not decided and if you wanted to own me, why not say it in the first place?" She asks him with that smirk that can make anyone uneasy just by looking at it.